Looking for Ideas

I don't feel like I know you well enough to suggest an exercise/activity....oh, hell. why let that stop me?

off your feet: horseback riding

swimming

any machine that isn't a treadmill - rowing ...heck, real rowing in a boat, on water!

have you considered consulting a Physical Therapist? I have worked with some awesome PTs (I'm an OT Assistant) at my last job and they could make good suggestions.

little bit of a hijack but I JUST learned this week that there is
such a thing as a "trampoline park" !!!
Love horseback riding! But that's one heck of an expensive hobby. I think the gym would be cheap compared to that. But I would do that every day for sure. And feet be damned, I would do the trampoline park too. The PT is a good idea. Since you work in the field, can you give me an idea of the cost?

I have been doing modified HIIT workouts all this time, and while the shot to hell metabolism doesn't exactly yield the desired results, my cardiovascular health has improved a lot. Look up fitnessblender on youtube. They have all kinds of free full length workout videos of varying durations (from 5 minutes to 90 minutes) and activity levels . It's a very no-nonsense approach to fitness. And, I am going to be relying on their stuff pretty heavily post DS as well.

Only if it doesn't aggravate your hernia, try kettle bell workouts. There's a good beginner's workout by Jillian Michaels, that I quite liked. Kickboxing, if you're able, may also help.

I am on my phone so I did not read all of what I'll bet are great suggestions. I say get your feet massaged! It feels so good and you are with it! Also see a good podiatrist you may need orthotics they really helped me. Sorry if this has been suggested already!

I have been doing modified HIIT workouts all this time, and while the shot to hell metabolism doesn't exactly yield the desired results, my cardiovascular health has improved a lot. Look up fitnessblender on youtube. They have all kinds of free full length workout videos of varying durations (from 5 minutes to 90 minutes) and activity levels . It's a very no-nonsense approach to fitness. And, I am going to be relying on their stuff pretty heavily post DS as well.

Only if it doesn't aggravate your hernia, try kettle bell workouts. There's a good beginner's workout by Jillian Michaels, that I quite liked. Kickboxing, if you're able, may also help.

Thank you so much for recommending fitnessblender!

Thank you so much for recommending fitnessblender!
You're welcome. They're pretty awesome. I have their 4 week program pdfs (super cheap), that I am going to use post-DS as well, starting with the beginner's program. It's a great Free service they're offering with these full length workouts with excellent instruction. Better than most fitness DVDs out in the market. There are hundreds of really good and effective workouts to choose from. I lost 40 pounds or so using their plan, but then I regained it all and then some. Anyway, I am glad my recommendation was useful. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back