Looking for ds patients of dr Alejandro Lopez (ALOBariatrics in Mexico)

So my ds journey has been stalled, I am unable to finance the surgery so have a budget and hope to have surgery March of 2018. I would love your feedback though on this Doctor and his team :) is it a true ds being preformed (not sadi). And how long were your cc made? Any concerns since surgery? Thank you!!!

Not sure why this isn't posting on the recent threads page. You might want to repost under Duodenal Switch so more people will see it or ask one of the moderators.

Not sure why this isn't posting on the recent threads page. You might want to repost under Duodenal Switch so more people will see it or ask one of the moderators.
I moved it here.

Will check when I get home to make sure it's on the "recent threads" list.

I checked and it is showing on New Posts and Most Recent Posts.

Sarah, it is possible you won't get much feedback as almost every one of our Mexico people went to Esquerra at Mexicali.

If self pay might I ask why you are not considering Mexicali and Esquerra? The members who went there all seem to have great experience's there and honestly I have not heard much about this other guy. I was thinking the cost was $11 or $12k for esquerra.

I am very biased and of course would be remiss if I didn't suggest Dr K in LA, but I know the self pay rate is much higher because of the hospital.

Yes I applied for both dr Lopez and dr esquerra online, I have yet to hear anything from dr esquerras office at all, not even an email back saying they got my health assessment or anything. Where as with dr Lopez I got several calls and emails answering all questions and concerns. Also there is a difference in cost between the 2 but more of the factor was customer service and already having a bad taste in my mouth from not even hearing back from them at all concerning my health assesment I took over 2 weeks ago.

The quality and reputation of the surgeon to do a good DS and take care of the patient is the most important thing when searching out a DS surgeon. I would search this board about Esquerra and the satisfaction of the choice to use him by the many patients here. Frankly I haven't seen anything negative but I don't recall hearing about thus other surgeon and am not even sure if he does the DS. He may be good, I just haven't heard anything about the guy (not sure about others on the board) so I am just saying please do your research and call Esquerra''s office as it sounds like there may have been a mix up.

Best wishes

I do know that others have said that they had issues contacting Esquerra initially but once they did, things went very smoothly. It may be that the contact email listed on his site is not monitored by someone all the time.

@Susan in Tennessee @galaxygrrl @jim1969 are all Esquerra grads...I know there are others but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Thank you! I definitely would not compromise the surgery and try to go with a "lesser surgeon" but reality is finances are a real factor in making this decision. I have called, emailed, completed the health assessment (more than 1x) with dr esquerra with no such luck. We shall see, both he and dr Alejandro Lopez are my top contenders.i can't remember if it was this site I saw others used dr Lopez or another one, I am just looking for soley ds patients from dr Lopez so I can find the flip side. I have heard great success stories from dr esquerra but if I cant even get ahold of them, it's kind of disheartening. Keep in mind though I still have plenty of time to make the final decision...my goal is to have the finances and be able to have the surgery March of 2018. I'm just trying to get as much info on both surgeons as possible.

Hi Sarah - not on this site much but popped on tonight and saw your inquiry. I was a revision from crap band to DS with Dr. Lopez 11/2/15. I used a medical tourism group (kinda useless) but he and his staff were very nice and super helpful. I had no trouble with the surgery but it was long because of scar tissue (5.5 hours) and have trouble coming out of anesthesia so was sick longer than most. I'm down 100# in 14 months. If I could be more compliant with carbs I'd probably lose faster. I have been able to finally have a nasty hernia repaired since losing weight and my surgeon up here said looked like a very nice job from prior surgery.

So my ds journey has been stalled, I am unable to finance the surgery so have a budget and hope to have surgery March of 2018. I would love your feedback though on this Doctor and his team :) is it a true ds being preformed (not sadi). And how long were your cc made? Any concerns since surgery? Thank you!!!
Hi - do you have a direct number (800 preferred) for Dr. Lopez? I can only find the number to the tourism middle man.

I don't have a number handy but Annakaren Vargas is quick to email back. Her email is:
Hi, Windy! Thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking and looking for ANYONE with DS experience with Dr. Lopez! I can find lots and lots of sleeve reviews, but nothing about DS or SADI-S. I am scheduled with him in less than two weeks! I am so excited! But I couldn't find a thing about him doing DSs or SADI-Ss, and was actually considering going to "the other guys," but they are about twice as much for a conversion! Especially if you want to pay with a credit card and not cash! Could you please tell me how you are doing now, as you are a ways out? Are you still glad you did it? Many complications?

@juju you probably should create a post of your own. Introduce yourself and then ask your questions. Honestly, when you ask questions within someone else's post they tend to get missed and sometimes even ignored because others don't want to appear rude and hijack someone else's post and get off the creators topic. The other post you posted on was over a year old and a lot of those people are not on as frequent as before. Good luck glad you found us.

Latest posts

Back