Long-term outcomes of primary single-anastomosis duodeno-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy (SADI-S)

These seem like very low numbers for a single practice that was doing longitudinal studies, which should have been part of the initial disclosures and promises to remain in touch with the practice. Why did they not have follow up on so many patients?

That can be due, in my experience, to a poor relationship with the practice, and/or poor results, ESPECIALLY when the practice blames the patient for their poor results.

I still send my yearly labs to Dr. Rabkin, after 17 years, for HIS records.

Seven hundred fifty patients were included in the study. The mean age and preoperative body mass index were 49.3 ± 13.1 years and 50 ± 12.6 kg/m 2, respectively. Follow-up was available on 109 patients (61%) at 5 years and on 87 patients (53%) at 6 years.

Wish me luck.. all the comorbidities have resolved for now (T2, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea, I dont need meds or gadgets for any of those problems). Not sure of the long term results, especially with T2, but I welcome the respite. DS has been a godsend
Remember, 95-98% stay resolved. I’m an outlier but also a warning to not take your respite for granted. I’m glad you also resolved your sleep apnea and high cholesterol. Hubby didn’t resolve his sleep apnea although he greatly reduced his settings but his, we think, has a genetic component since his dad was skinny and had sleep apnea.

Latest posts

Back