Long-term outcomes of primary single-anastomosis duodeno-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy (SADI-S)

Georgepds

Contrary to the opinion of many they note

Conclusions
LSADI-S is effective in this retrospective review in achieving good initial weight loss and weight maintenance.

DianaCox

Bad Cop
These seem like very low numbers for a single practice that was doing longitudinal studies, which should have been part of the initial disclosures and promises to remain in touch with the practice. Why did they not have follow up on so many patients?

That can be due, in my experience, to a poor relationship with the practice, and/or poor results, ESPECIALLY when the practice blames the patient for their poor results.

I still send my yearly labs to Dr. Rabkin, after 17 years, for HIS records.

Seven hundred fifty patients were included in the study. The mean age and preoperative body mass index were 49.3 ± 13.1 years and 50 ± 12.6 kg/m 2, respectively. Follow-up was available on 109 patients (61%) at 5 years and on 87 patients (53%) at 6 years.

Georgepds

I ensure my surgeon gets them, too (after 15+ years). They won't speak with me unless they have them.
Me too... but it's not been so long for me. I follow up with a nurse practitioner and dietician at the Emerson weight loss clinic that the surgeon directs.

The NP takes vitals, does a med history, an interview, and orders blood work. The dietician reviews diet, looks at blood work, and recommends changes in supplements if deficiencies show in the blood work.

If I ask either a question they can't answer they punt it up the chain and then call back

It's once a year now.

I find it much better organized than the interview with my GP, better follow up. With the GP, who I see twice a year, I have to make sure I get the blood work just before not difficult, but I like the two eyes on it approach of the weight loss clinic. Between running the GP office,growing the business, and tracking others, quite a bit falls through the cracks if I'm not a self advocate. At the weight loss clinic, they see to the details

Wish me luck.. all the comorbidities have resolved for now (T2, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea, I dont need meds or gadgets for any of those problems). Not sure of the long term results, especially with T2, but I welcome the respite. DS has been a godsend

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Wish me luck.. all the comorbidities have resolved for now (T2, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea, I dont need meds or gadgets for any of those problems). Not sure of the long term results, especially with T2, but I welcome the respite. DS has been a godsend
Remember, 95-98% stay resolved. I’m an outlier but also a warning to not take your respite for granted. I’m glad you also resolved your sleep apnea and high cholesterol. Hubby didn’t resolve his sleep apnea although he greatly reduced his settings but his, we think, has a genetic component since his dad was skinny and had sleep apnea.