Liz, it’s that “sharing is caring” time of year, right?

Spiky Bugger

Hey there, southernlady !

I think it’s time for you to graciously accept our puny donations so that you don’t have to singlehandedly pay for this place...don’t you?

And, some of us don’t PayPal very proficiently, so a workaround for that might be good, too.

Whaddaya think?

PS—You don’t have to share this info...but...if you WANT to tell us what it costs you in real money over a year to host all of us, guilt might make us generous. (I guilted my Good Nephew tonight. “You know what I’d REALLY like as a gift, Honey? I’d love a once-a-year lunch date with you.” He said we could do that. I grew up in a Catholic & Jewish neighborhood. We ALL did guilt.). But gratitude works, too.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my server is $103. a month but I have other sites on it so around $15 a month for just this board.
Other costs are the domain names (3 of them) but that is once a year for $50 total a year with tax.

I have to pay forum software renewal but that is caught up til 2021 cause they had a discount right now then in Jan raising the price for the first time in 10 years. So I bought ahead. It’s been $40, got it for $35. Not a huge discount now but considering the price it would be by Feb ($55.) when it was due, I did pretty well. The renewal is to get updates and support if needed.

I think that is all the yearly running costs for here.

My PayPal is graphicsbyliz@gmail.com
Even if you don’t have a PayPal account, it will accept credit cards (and debit that act like credit cards) but for those who don’t want to use PayPal (and I understand that), I will share a mailing address but only in a PM. Contact me if you want it. I will accept checks from members here.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
How many years is it going to be? I’ve been here since late 2015 I think. I’ll be sending in a contribution soon. Thanks for all your work, Liz!
We opened the doors on Jan 1, 2013 so this will be number 6! (I had to look at the date I joined but that was the day I put up the initial software. Some members joined me that day, a handful of founding members but we threw open the doors the next morning. And I am still running it AD FREE!

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, it’s back to this time of year. Donations gratefully accept to offset domain/software renewals.

As posted above: My PayPal is graphicsbyliz@gmail.com
Even if you don’t have a PayPal account, it will accept credit cards (and debit that act like credit cards) but for those who don’t want to use PayPal (and I understand that), I will share a mailing address but only in a PM. Contact me if you want it. I will accept checks from members here.

MsVee

Okay, it’s back to this time of year. Donations gratefully accept to offset domain/software renewals.

As posted above: My PayPal is graphicsbyliz@gmail.com
I would like to contribute without establishing a PayPal account but I need an invoice from you Southernlady

To make a payment through PayPal without opening an account yourself, you'll have to have the recipient send you an invoice or money request. ... Embedded in the email will be a 'Pay now' button, which is all you need to make the payment without opening a PayPal account yourself.