Linguini with clam sauce

MyNewLife

Roast Beef for dinner (shhhhh)
Ok, I have been craving this and made it this weekend. I don't have a problem with pasta so it worked alright BUT I try to match 1 carb to 1 protein. It's a goal that I don't always achieve. This was a major mismatch so it would be something I'd have rarely. If I can adapt the recipe, I can have it more often.

I've been thinking about ways to adapt the recipe without killing the taste.

I've thought about adding crab with the clams, maybe???

Any other thoughts??

Why not seafood linguini? Do the clams and add shrimp, scallops, and crab? OR...trying to do it on the cheap, why not fake crab or tilapia filets mushed up in it? I imagine the tilapia wouldn't ruin the taste. Especially if you soaked it in the clam juice for a while first.

If you like the exotic stuff, I bet octopus and squid would be good in it too.

But it all depends on availability. If I lived in Seattle or Maine, I would be broke from the fish market.

Nice ideas. I didn't even think of shrimp. The tilapia sounds great too. I'm not that exotic..can't stand the rubber thing of oct or calamari.

I love the garlicky buttery flavor with the clam sauce. They actually sell bottles of clam juice so I could add more using that. I ate it today but my protein is running low so I really have to make sure I get my protein in. I'm not sure I'll make my 150 goal today because the pasta is so filling. I was thinking of adding some scallions in too but I'm afraid it might overpower the clam sauce...dunno. I can always try it :)

I made a pork butt roast on Friday but my daughter is going back to college tomorrow and is stealing all the left overs LOL

Thanks loads!!!!

Latest posts

Back