Left side pain...bowel obstruction?

Kristaz

So intermittently I get pain on my left side near the bottom of /behind my ribcage accompanied by extreme bloating, gas and little or no BM. Difficult to eat, nausea,etc. will typically pass within a few days. However these bouts seem to be becoming more frequent. Possible bowel obstruction? Something causing it to hang up? How do you even go about diagnosing a Bowel obstruction of it tends to pass? Anyone else have any experience? What part of my newish anataony could have the hang up?

So intermittently I get pain on my left side near the bottom of /behind my ribcage accompanied by extreme bloating, gas and little or no BM. Difficult to eat, nausea,etc. will typically pass within a few days. However these bouts seem to be becoming more frequent. Possible bowel obstruction? Something causing it to hang up? How do you even go about diagnosing a Bowel obstruction of it tends to pass? Anyone else have any experience? What part of my newish anataony could have the hang up?

Kristaz
When Dr K removed my baby size bowel obstruction my stomach looked pregnant on the side of the obstruction. I lost 10 pounds immediately after surgery. I thought it was just from the hernia. I didn't have any issues with going to the bathroom. I went in to have a hernia repair. Dr. K said good thing i did when i did a couple more days it would have burst and i would have died from gangrene. Remember i had no symptoms and went number to my regular 5 or 6 times a day. So if you think you have one dont play get to the doctor yesterday and let them figure it out and do what needs to be done ASAP. An adhesion had attached and wrapped on to my colon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190818-231416_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190818-231416_Samsung Internet.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Kristaz
When Dr K removed my baby size bowel obstruction my stomach looked pregnant on the side of the obstruction. I lost 10 pounds immediately after surgery. I thought it was just from the hernia. I didn't have any issues with going to the bathroom. I went in to have a hernia repair. Dr. K said good thing i did when i did a couple more days it would have burst and i would have died from gangrene. Remember i had no symptoms and went number to my regular 5 or 6 times a day. So if you think you have one dont play get to the doctor yesterday and let them figure it out and do what needs to be done ASAP. An adhesion had attached and wrapped on to my colon.
Wow! I know we can have an obstruction an still be able to have bowel movements etc. just seems odd that it comes and goes. Do you have a doc here you like? My PCP will do what I tell her as far as labs etc but isn’t super knowledgeable.

My primary dr just retired. Im now going ti her pA. I absolutely love her. She's very thorough and she had the sleeve. She tells me she did tons of research before deciding.

I don't have a gi dr i usually make the 5 hr drive to see the God of DS surgery. DR. Keshishian. Im going to be making a trip soon if you want to go at the same time.

Latest posts

Back