Knocking out that last 8 pounds

galaxygrrl

Well,

I think my weight loss is over. I'm so happy with the results. I went from 264 and now I bounce between 138 to 142. Been here for 12 weeks, so I think I'm done. But, I'm shy of the 130 pounds I would like to be.

I have a PCP who has the DS and Lead PH'd Psy for the local fasting program, so we put together a program to knock out the last 8 pounds.

I'm going back on the fast (think optifast) for 6 weeks. It's 600 calories a day. 90 grams of protein and 40 grams of carbs. It should knock the weight off. I'm also going to take Phentermine ( becasue it works for me). I lost 120 pounds on the fast once, 40 pounds twice, and 20 pounds more than I can count.

What is so interesting about it this time is I'm like well I can maintain 140 pounds, so 130 should be OK. My diet Doc - the Psy guy - said, he is a little suprised more DSers and VSGers don't use the fast for tweaking for maintance or knocking the last few pounds off.

This should be interesting

I think that's a good plan. I want to see how it works for you. If *I* was doing this I would probably go down to 120 or so. I would want some wiggle room during refeeding. Seems like there would be an inevitable weight gain. I am all for being proactive about losing those last few hardest pounds! After all, how many times do we get to actually lose all the weight we want to?

Being eternally curious, I looked on ebay and there is a lot of optifast for sale. Don't know if their prices are good but you might want to take a look!

Last edited:
Cool...I was wondering what you would both would think. I actually use this other stuff than opitfast and I love it. It tastes great and you can make a pudding. It's what I used when I did the fast before. https://dietonsale.com/shakes-puddings/

I suspect this will be fine. I can't believe I'm starting the fast and looking at 8 pounds and not 120 which is what I did every other time.

If I get to 130, I think plastics will take 5 to 10 pounds and then I have some wiggle room.

Cool...I was wondering what you would both would think. I actually use this other stuff than opitfast and I love it. It tastes great and you can make a pudding. It's what I used when I did the fast before. https://dietonsale.com/shakes-puddings/

I suspect this will be fine. I can't believe I'm starting the fast and looking at 8 pounds and not 120 which is what I did every other time.

If I get to 130, I think plastics will take 5 to 10 pounds and then I have some wiggle room.
Have you tried this one? https://dietonsale.com/chocolate-very-high-protein-shake/ ? Wish they had a sample pack!!

I bounced back to 135 from 120. While 120 was a bit low, I'm 5'6", I have tried to loose 10 pounds for a year. About 4 weeks ago I started Intermittent Fasting and have lost 5 of those 10 pounds. So it seems to be working for me. I follow 16/8, 16 hours of fasting and 8 hour eating window. ~100 grams of protein, less then 50 Carbs, ~ 70-100 fat.

After years of Optifast and diet pill's I just can't go there again. I will be interested to see how this works for you. Keep us updated. Good luck.

Best,
Whit

Ugh... I have done so many fasting programs over the course of my life -- way, too many! Fasting diets are a set-up for carb binging for me. I hope it works for you.

I would be concerned that 90 grams of protein from the Optifast might be a little low in protein. Plus, if you are taking iron and calcium citrate constipation might be an issue because you are not eating any fat. I would consider adding protein and fat, maybe just use the Optifast for some meals/snacks and log everything you eat.

nah, I'm just going to fast. I don't mind it much. I find it an easier way to diet. It's only 6 weeks. It would be harder without the drugs, but with the drugs, it's easy.

nah, I'm just going to fast. I don't mind it much. I find it an easier way to diet. It's only 6 weeks. It would be harder without the drugs, but with the drugs, it's easy.

Well okay... I just want you to be safe and not make yourself :confused:. Stay flexible and adjust your intake if needed! We love you at 138, 142, 145 or whatever!

Well okay... I just want you to be safe and not make yourself :confused:. Stay flexible and adjust your intake if needed! We love you at 138, 142, 145 or whatever!

What a lovely thing to say. You know, I was talking to a cute guy in Starbucks and he lost 100 pounds, so I told him my story. Then, I showed him my before photo. He said, (get ready to get teary), he said, I would have liked that person. Wow, how different we are thin and how much of the same. But what a different life it is. (OK, I got teary writing this.).

DS is amazing! I'm so happy!

What a lovely thing to say. You know, I was talking to a cute guy in Starbucks and he lost 100 pounds, so I told him my story. Then, I showed him my before photo. He said, (get ready to get teary), he said, I would have liked that person. Wow, how different we are thin and how much of the same. But what a different life it is. (OK, I got teary writing this.).

That was such a great thing for him to say. He is right. I think we are our own worst judge.

You DID take him home with you.... Right???

Wishing you the best. You may want to consider adding probiotics during / after fasting - keep the gut biome happy. :) You'll get there, but honestly, this is all just icing. You're perfectly perfect right now!

Latest posts

Back