Kale Chips (Even If You Hate Kale!)

more2adore

No, seriously. I promise. You'll like these even if you don't like kale, and it's a great way to get some greens in!

This recipe is a TINY bit spicy, but you can substitute the spices with pretty much any other strong spices you like if you HAVE to. Lemon juice and garlic powder are a good substitute. But if you can handle even a wee bit of spiciness, make it this way. It's delish. And I normally can't stand kale.

1 bunch curly kale
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (dried red chilli flakes for you Aussies)
OPTIONAL: I also added 1 tsp of adobo seasoning, because I love the stuff. Turned out great!

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C or 160°C fan forced for Aussies). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper/parchment paper.

2. Trim centre stems from kale, tear into small bite size pieces (I just slid my hand down the stems and pulled off the leaves from the stems that way and ripped them up). Wash 'em. Combine olive oil, paprika and chilli/red pepper flakes (and adobo seasoning if using) in a large bowl. Add kale leaves and toss to coat in oil mixture. Spread kale out in a single layer on prepared trays.

3. Bake for 12-15 minutes, swapping trays half way through cooking time, or until leaves are crisp. Serve sprinkled with sea salt.
Modified slightly from: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/33903/paprika+and+chilli+kale+chips

I have heard these are good but I haven't tried them. I think we can even buy them this way but I haven't seen them yet. I want them to taste like Lays potato chips but we all know that won't happen.

Yep - Trader Joe's has some Zesty Nacho ones that I miss, actually! But surprisingly I think these homemade ones actually taste even better! They're definitely not like potato chips, but if you are craving a little crunchiness and some flavor conveyance, these might work for you. :)

I've had kale chips from the store and they aren't bad - oily and crunchy, that has to be good. I assume home made would be even better!

Latest posts

Back