Jay Roberts in Ft Worth, TX

Doctorblue

Does anyone know much about him? I know he's not currently in the list (at least not that I could find).

Never heard of him...so I did a little search and found that he's with Ultimate Bariatrics and the website says he does DS, "bypass" (presumably gastric bypass) "sleeve" (presumably sleeve gastrectomy) BUT also SIPS, which is a variation on the DS that bypasses much less of the small intestine and which most folks around here think is not as effective as the DS. So apparently he does the DS, though I have no idea in what numbers, but you would need to be very specific about what operation you want or don't want in both your discussions with him and also with written documentation of what is or isn't acceptable to you.
Which of course if up to you, not me or any other stranger on the internet.

Thank you. I'm 99% sure I'm going to be using Dr. Keshishian. (My husband is like,"if Dr. K is the best, why wouldn't you go to him? You took our dog across an ocean to see one of the top surgeons in that field, why wouldn't you do it for yourself". The man makes a good point!) I have heard Dr. Roberts has a cash pay price similar to Mexico though. So, I thought, if he was a decent surgeon that does traditional DS, he might be another option for those who don't have insurance coverage, but have concerns about going to another country.

These guys are in Texas. They are the ones that did the show on TLC obesity med. I don't have any personal knowledge, the guy they gave the DS to on the show did very well.

Thank you. I'm 99% sure I'm going to be using Dr. Keshishian. (My husband is like,"if Dr. K is the best, why wouldn't you go to him? You took our dog across an ocean to see one of the top surgeons in that field, why wouldn't you do it for yourself". The man makes a good point!) I have heard Dr. Roberts has a cash pay price similar to Mexico though. So, I thought, if he was a decent surgeon that does traditional DS, he might be another option for those who don't have insurance coverage, but have concerns about going to another country.
Your husband is smart. I like him.

I live in this area and he is gaining a reputation in our local DS groups. He also proctored with Dr. Ayoola, who is also in this area, for a bit. He doesn’t do a bait and switch either. He’s just not as experienced as Dr. Ayoola if you’re in Texas or Dr. K.

Latest posts

Back