I've broken my weight loss surgery!!!

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by southernlady, Jan 7, 2014.

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Also known as the three week or three month mark stall.

1) GET OFF THE DAMNED SCALE
    2) SEE #1
    3) Read this post: The Inevitable Stall
    4) SEE #1

kster

kster Member

I find more joy in looser fitting clothes than what the scale says buy will admit that I've been a prisoner of the scale. It's such a love/hate thing.

cajungirl

cajungirl Well-Known Member

Scale whore, I know. As long as I can use it as the piece of the puzzle to keep me on track I'm good with it. I know some folks can't, it impacts there emotions. I really wish new people would stay off and weigh once a week or once a month if needed. So many panic at the week 3 pause that so many deal with. Scale can be a friend or a enemy.

Charris and southernlady like this.
    Munchkin

Munchkin Full of Fairy Dust

I vote enemy!

Charris likes this.
    shann

shann Now an Angel in heaven

I weighed daily but only charted weekly. Now I still chart monthly just to keep myself on track and rarely weigh beyond the 6th of each month. If you find yourself getting stress out over it, then I totally agree with Liz. And I was one of the very lucky ones-- I never had "pause' (love that) beyond one week. (Results not typical!)

Lilyofthevalley

Lilyofthevalley Revived & Revitalized

I only weigh when I go to a doctors office.
    My favorite "scale" is pants. I have loved watching them get bigger and bigger till they fall off.
    I bought this really cute pair of jeans after 10 months and have set the button over twice. Time to do it again or get new jeans. The weight is just a number. The prize is new clothes!!!

southernlady likes this.
    girlrocker

girlrocker Well-Known Member

I have to say too, I've used pants as a scale, and it is quite effective! Of course, it was amazing to me to finally actually WEAR pants, and not just the stretch kind :)