1. Bookmarks current system will be replaced when we upgrade. Please open your bookmarks and copy to a text document to save them. The current system will be uninstalled 31 Dec 2018

IV Vitamins

Discussion in 'Vitamins & Labs' started by DawnNYC, Apr 6, 2018.

DawnNYC

DawnNYC Active Member

there are multiple medi-spas that offer IV Vitamins. Has anyone used these regularly as their main supplication?

Munchkin

Munchkin Full of Fairy Dust

No. Can't even imagine what that would cost!

DawnNYC

DawnNYC Active Member

They can be expensive. Most range between $95-$350 but if your values are low, they say this will replenish them with one or twp treatments. I've tried to get my Vit D above 20 for over 2 years and it just won't go up. I've been using 30,000mg of the Bariatric Advantage Dry D3 2-3 times a week. I'm wondering if I do 2-3 IV drips with Vit D, if that will change.

2000DuodenalSwitch

2000DuodenalSwitch Active Member

You only take 30,000iu 2-3 times weekly??
    I take 200,000iu of Biotech D3-50 which is 4/day broken into 4 doses, according to my labs.

You also need magnesium to help D absorb. I take 1000mg KAL brand magnesium glycinate daily, broken into 3 doses. Magnesium glycinate is best absorbed form of magnesium.
    (17.5 years postop)

DawnNYC likes this.
    Larra

Larra Well-Known Member

30,00 here and there is nothing. I take 100,000/day and others take more. I don't take magnesium because, for some reason, my level is always high normal without extra. If a higher amount of dry D doesn't work, why not ask your pcp to order injections for you? Probably cheaper than going to a spa, where you know they're going to charge the max (and full disclosure, I'm not a fan of the whole medi-spa concept, just a way to separate people from their money IMHO)