It's happened!

Ainu

No, I'm not at my goal weight, not yet. But something almost better has happened. I no longer care.

That's not exactly a true statement. I definitely care. I'm still working on my diet. I'm still exercising. I still take my measurements.

But if I get on the scale and it hasn't moved ... I don't care. My life isn't over. My motivation isn't destroyed. It's just what it is. It'll go down eventually, maybe in a week, a month, but it will go down. My life is no longer completely obsessed with the scale. It's freeing. It's a huge weight off my shoulders.

No, I'm not at my goal weight, not yet. But something almost better has happened. I no longer care.

That's not exactly a true statement. I definitely care. I'm still working on my diet. I'm still exercising. I still take my measurements.

But if I get on the scale and it hasn't moved ... I don't care. My life isn't over. My motivation isn't destroyed. It's just what it is. It'll go down eventually, maybe in a week, a month, but it will go down. My life is no longer completely obsessed with the scale. It's freeing. It's a huge weight off my shoulders.
Wow, congrats! How far out are you? I don't think I'm there yet but I'm working on it! :sneaky:

I never thought I'd get this close.

I wish I wasn't so horrified by the skin though

I never thought I'd get this close.

I wish I wasn't so horrified by the skin though
I'm sorry the excess skin bothers you. I TRY to see mine as a badge of honor...I got saggy skin because I took control of my morbid obesity. But don't get me wrong, IF I had the money, esp if I was 20 years younger, I would be finding a plastic surgeon to help.

Maybe you need to start saving for plastics. There is some information here.

I'm planning on starting and HSA through work to start saving.

I'm not sure if this comment will get me in trouble but: my skin looks like an old mansm ball sack and that's all I can see when I take my clothes off =p

I'm going to give it the solid 2 years after goal before I give up.

Also, I'm on my phone which really doesn't like this forum so it's hard to type. I'm sorry for weird mistakes

I'm planning on starting and HSA through work to start saving.

I'm not sure if this comment will get me in trouble but: my skin looks like an old mansm ball sack and that's all I can see when I take my clothes off =p

I'm going to give it the solid 2 years after goal before I give up.

Also, I'm on my phone which really doesn't like this forum so it's hard to type. I'm sorry for weird mistakes
No, what you said about your skin is nothing bad, just an observation. Hell, my inner thighs look that way too but then again at 64, I have saggy skin. And if I hold my arms just right, they do too. So we do understand but at my age and being married to someone who also had the DS, we just laugh at it.

I am starting to wonder if I should urge my husband to go through with it. He's struggling so much and I feel guilty losing so easily. I'm worried about his health as well as us. What if I want to go bike riding and he can't? It's just so freeing not worrying about what I eat

I am starting to wonder if I should urge my husband to go through with it. He's struggling so much and I feel guilty losing so easily. I'm worried about his health as well as us. What if I want to go bike riding and he can't? It's just so freeing not worrying about what I eat
You can set the example but HE has to decide not you. Do not push it. IF you do the cooking, don't make many carby things, except green veggies. Encourage him to drink more water. If he has a soda habit, help him wean off it.

It's what I'm trying to do. I told him I'd support him if he decided to go the surgery route. As for cooking, our schedules don't work well for cooking together. I'm trying not to bring junk food in the house but I get in his car and it's littered with candy garbage

It's what I'm trying to do. I told him I'd support him if he decided to go the surgery route. As for cooking, our schedules don't work well for cooking together. I'm trying not to bring junk food in the house but I get in his car and it's littered with candy garbage
That's all you can do.

I promise the skin will improve at least a little. But I still look like a train wreck naked. You will come out better. You are younger!

Latest posts

Back