It's been a while :)

ProteinSnob

Hey folks,

It's been a while! I had some personal issues to take care of, but all ended very well. We moved to a lovely little cottage, after years of apartments, with a big kitchen and a large garden. I've been gardening and cooking up a storm, as well as enjoying my kids' delight at having a home and getting settled in a good place. I have good days and bad days, healthwise, but a lot of optimism that things will continue to improve overall.

I finally gave up trying to save my hair length and got a good cut. I did keep a few longish pieces, to try to make the "buzz cut" effect of all of my hair growing back in to look more "pixie-like". I have some check-ups coming up in the next few weeks and hope to see good labs.

Hope all of you reading this are well and happy. I swear that being able to garden and to live in a house that is filled with light is raising my spirits tremendously. It's nice to feel so hopeful right now after some dark times.

I roasted some garlic this morning and am planning on making Caprese Chicken this evening. I have some very sweet cherry tomatoes that will taste amazing in it! I just finished reading Julia Child's memoir, My Life in France and it was such a fun read! How I admire how little complaining she did and how passionately she went after things in life that interested her. I so admire people who are always learning.

Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend!

Nice to see you back. Glad you are feeling a little more positive/hopeful. I hope your labs tell the same tale.

It's great to see you back! So glad you had a positive move, and are in such good spirits. It's nice to hear that things are going better for you :).

Cottage = size in my definition. It is charming, though. Even when the mockingbird nesting somewhere close by LOUDLY imitates my alarm clock at 5am. LOL

I have an amazing Kitchenaid range; best I could hope for, even though it's electric. Everything is very white and bright, but the trees give lots of shade too. There are lots of walking trails and libraries within walking distance and the schools are spectacularly good. It's a pricey area, hence the cottage. Still love it all the same.

It's spring here, and a light sweater is all that is needed. While I've been holed up for the last months, I've spent many hours pouring over seed catalogs. I finally get to garden!

I'm glad you're here, and that you are leaving the tough times behind.

Sweet cherry tomatoes were one of my first garden crops as a child, and they have been the one constant in every garden I've ever planted. I think gardening can be very healing, and not just in the healthy food we get. Every thing is right when I feel worked, at peace and zen after a good gardening day.

Nothing makes me happier after a day of planting or weeding than watching the bees or if I'm lucky hummingbirds come visit it while I chillax and drink some cider or tea.

Latest posts

Back