It's been a while but need some advice

LindaDarnell

Hi all! Happy Holidays!!! It's been a while since I last posted, but I really need some advice. 2 1/2 years ago I had a revision from VSG to DS. Overall, the results have been great...Ive lost over 60 pounds and the only complaint I have is that my booty is now just wide and square. No pop at all!! But I'll take it :D
I really want to get "onederland" ...I know it shouldn't matter if I'm happy with my current weight. But at this stage I feel I need to set a goal so that I dont get off track and start regaining. Ive gotten down to 205, and hold steady most days at 205 to 209. I did get up to 211 after a cruise but was able to get it off once I got home.

I want to get down to 195 or 196, roughly 10 more pounds. Without drinking a bunch of protein shakes, please remind me of what I can do to shed these last 10. Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I eat wayyyy more bad carbs and sugar than I should, lately. I need a reset...in the worse way.

at least you are not alone! I and many people (especially this time of year) are really needing to dial down the bad carbs/sugar options.

myself, I find cold turkey works best as this whole "moderation" thing doesn't work for me. I think sugar/carb cravings are MUCH less if you can get through 3 days.

at least you are not alone! I and many people (especially this time of year) are really needing to dial down the bad carbs/sugar options.

myself, I find cold turkey works best as this whole "moderation" thing doesn't work for me. I think sugar/carb cravings are MUCH less if you can get through 3 days.

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I believe carbs are an addiction, like any other. The best way to deal with them is abstinence. Trying to moderate them is harder.

Give yourself one week on:
bacon and eggs, also bacon to snack on
eggs
ham, including deli ham wrapped around string cheese
prosciutto wrapped around a cheese you like
omelettes
steak
cheese
more meat
more cheese
charcuterie platters
deviled eggs
Brok’s Pizza
Ricotta Fluff if you can do non-sugar sweeteners
and so on

...and see what happens.

keep in mind I haven't had a DS but while I agree with SB's menu in general (I just live on hardboiled eggs and a roasted chicken from the deli*) I have to add FIBER or I'll never poop. so, I eat greens and other veggies, just not starchy ones. YMMV!

Ricotta Fluff if you can do non-sugar sweeteners

again, people will vary, but ANY sweet taste (fake sugar, non sugar) keeps me wanting MORE (and I also don't like the taste) so none of that for me, thanks.

after 3 days the sugar cravings go away and I am OK to have fruit again.

* I should start the 3 days tomorrow...

keep in mind I haven't had a DS but while I agree with SB's menu in general (I just live on hardboiled eggs and a roasted chicken from the deli*) I have to add FIBER or I'll never poop. so, I eat greens and other veggies, just not starchy ones. YMMV!

again, people will vary, but ANY sweet taste (fake sugar, non sugar) keeps me wanting MORE (and I also don't like the taste) so none of that for me, thanks.

after 3 days the sugar cravings go away and I am OK to have fruit again.

* I should start the 3 days tomorrow...

I did it again! Sorry. My OTHER conditions demand VERY LIMITED FIBER and LOW RESIDUE foods. And you’d THINK…with all the opioids…I’d have constipation issues. But no, not me. So, yes. Fiber is generally a very good thing.

The Ricotta Fluff thing was popular at that OtHer Place, which is why I included it. But I don’t like artificial sweeteners—which I agree are probably not good for anyone—so it's something I don’t eat.

LOL - I had completely forgotten about that other place... ;)

LindaDarnell thank you for starting this thread - I am inspired! tomorrow I start the three day NO SUGAR or simple carbs. I'm doing it.

I'm doing it!!!! :cool: there's a lot in my life I can't control, but what I eat is not one of them.

First...thank you all for the suggestions..even though I intellectually knew what to do, i needed to see it in black and white.
JackieOnLine for those of us who've had the DS, if I eat SB's menu, constipation is the last of my worries. Fat is our frenemy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On another note, it was confirmed that i have the flu..ive been trying to fight it off since Christmas night. Needless to say, Ive lost 3 pounds...all water I know. But hell, 2 more days of this and I may get to temporarily see Onederland. Ive gotta find some laughter in this misery :p

On another note, it was confirmed that i have the flu..ive been trying to fight it off since Christmas night. Needless to say, Ive lost 3 pounds...all water I know. But hell, 2 more days of this and I may get to temporarily see Onederland. Ive gotta find some laughter in this misery :p
Hope you feel better soon!

Stay hydrated and REST.

Latest posts

Back