It's been 3 years

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Today, 3 years ago I was wheeled into the OR to get my DS with Dr. Boyce. I was still wearing my insulin pump altho I had placed it on my thigh and turned it to the half setting for the surgery.

I was told by his nurse in his office to leave it home BUT I had been thru enough surgeries before and my endo had told me how to handle surgery and my pump. And Dr. Boyce didn't get weirded out that I was still wearing it. Figured it was easier to control my blood sugars in a way my body was familiar with and I was right.

I stayed on my insulin pump for another 8 days and on insulin til the 11th of Feb. I stayed on metformin until April but a significantly lower dose. 2000 down to 500! Was off both by April 2011.

Okay:
I was at a 16W/18W pants and a 2/3 XL shirt
Now, I wear a 4/6 pants (altho still have some 2's I can wear but they are tight in the waist) and a M/L top depending on how it's made.

Underwear, I should have been in an 8, stuffed myself into a 7. Now wearing a 5.
Bra, 44 DD now it's a 36 D
Ring size, went from a 9 1/2 to a 7 (my knuckles get in the way)
Shoe size, 8W to a 7 normal

Weight:
205 the day I signed into my surgeon's office
199 day of surgery
121 in May 2012 (for 10 seconds)
145 now.

Was on 11 prescription medications now on 2, both are thyroid related.

My A1c pre-op was 8.5 now it is floating around a 6 which is still high but as long as I limit sugar and carbs, it's under control.

But the NSV's;
I look normal size in photos. *I* still see the fat parts but that's my head not the real me.
I can wear a normal size towel around me.
I can walk stairs normally as in one foot then the other.
I have MUCH more energy but not as much leverage (my weight was a LOT of my leverage)
I delayed a second back surgery about 12-18 months.

The not so NSV's:
I am FAR more sensitive to cold than ever before.
I WANT plastics to get rid of the muffin around my waist, the side boobs, and my batwings.

#skinnypeopleproblems
My ass fits in a size 2, my waist in a size 6 #skinnypeopleproblems
Noassatall: #skinnypeopleproblems
No, I'm not post-op and I haven't lost any weight yet. My surgery is next week! #skinnypeopleproblems
Totally sees how Dorothy ended up in Oz. #skinnypeopleproblems
Put your weight behind it! Yeah, what weight? #skinnypeopleproblems
Wind 15 mph. If I stand here long enough maybe someone will open this damn door for me! #skinnypeopleproblems

This is a great surgiversary post! At only 6 months ahead of you, I share so many of your experiences.

Congratulations! :)

Latest posts

Back