It’s been awhile but I need a protein shake recommendation

I use Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate. Its the only one I tolerate because its not too sweet.

Also, Isopure ready to drink has many flavors that are not gaggy.

Actually there are 20 amino acids, but out bodies can manufacture 10 of them. The other 10 are called "essential amino acids" and we need to consume them. That's one of the reasons we need a variety of sources of protein, as each source will have some, but not all, of the amino acids.

If you are open to trying one that comes in liquid, i.e. not powder, you could try the Pure Protein shakes. I buy them at Trader Joes, but I believe they are also available (by the case) on Amazon. The chocolate flavor is, let's say, not bad, which is about the best you can expect, and I haven't noticed any weird aftertaste. I mix in a little milk and for some reason that seems to improve the flavor quite a bit. I haven't tried the vanilla but I've been told it's not good. There are two strengths, the one I use has 35 grams of protein, the other has less, so read the label.
It's more expensive than using powder, but to me it's worth it. I don't use them all the time, but if I know it's going to be a busy day, I'll have one for breakfast. Works for me.
I like those.

Actually there are 20 amino acids, but out bodies can manufacture 10 of them. The other 10 are called "essential amino acids" and we need to consume them. That's one of the reasons we need a variety of sources of protein, as each source will have some, but not all, of the amino acids.
I’m getting smarter by the minute.

If you like coffee, I love the ready made Premier protein shakes. I get them for a great deal at Sam's club. I do a cold brew 8oz coffee and dump in the shake and well, shake it. A friend of mine adds Stevie as well but I like it without.

Like Southernlady said Injury are really good, I've done a few different ones from them plus they even have a sample pack you can order to try them.
Mr. Sue likes them...and has a fight on his hands because our nine year old friend wants to drink them all!

I am not rearranged, but my friend just introduced me to this stuff. She swears by it and overheard the guy at vitamin shop talking about it being good for bariatric patients (likely bypass/sleeve.) One tiny scoop, with no flavor. Maybe not the right kind for DSers, but haven't investigated that far and wanted to share in case it's a good find. https://www.amazon.com/GENEPRO-Musc...enepro&qid=1563136733&s=movies-tv&sr=8-1&th=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am not rearranged, but my friend just introduced me to this stuff. She swears by it and overheard the guy at vitamin shop talking about it being good for bariatric patients (likely bypass/sleeve.) One tiny scoop, with no flavor. Maybe not the right kind for DSers, but haven't investigated that far and wanted to share in case it's a good find. https://www.amazon.com/GENEPRO-Musc...enepro&qid=1563136733&s=movies-tv&sr=8-1&th=1
No to Genpro, just no. If you must, only count a scoop as 10 grams of protein. Lawsuit listed here on the website. Going to find it now.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Thanks for the info. Good to know! I knew premier had a similar issue (I drank two a day when I was macro counting) because I got some money back.

Thanks for the info. Good to know! I knew premier had a similar issue (I drank two a day when I was macro counting) because I got some money back.
Premier Protein wasn’t nearly as bad as Genepro. Genepro claimed 30, delivered 10. Premier claimed 30, delivered between 27/28.

Try the Unjury chicken “soup”. Even our resident “bad cop” who detests shakes manages that one.

You need to boost your protein not just for these surgeries but in general. It needs to be at least a 7 all the time.
You mentioned unjury, do you think the chocolate is too high in carbs?

Latest posts

Back