Isopure

Barbara

Just received 6 small bottles of Isopure from Amazon. Each bottle has 33 grams of carbohydrates. That's a lot!!! Should I be concerned? Still pre op. Planning ahead.

@southernlady Yeah. It took me by surprise. I thought this is what I needed in the first couple of weeks but now not so sure. Don't want my body to think about carbs in any fashion. I may seem nd them back. Thanks.

I have a jar of unflavored Isopure Whey Protein Isolate from Vitamin Shoppe. It has zero carbs. They also have flavored versions (chocolate and vanilla) that have zero carbs.

Hi guys, this discussion prompts a question- what carb level/ count do you avoid post op? I am starting to look at these kind of things now - surg is not till 6/16.

Hi guys, this discussion prompts a question- what carb level/ count do you avoid post op? I am starting to look at these kind of things now - surg is not till 6/16.
Depends.

First are you counting total carbs or net carbs? I count total.
Second, then if you are counting total, it MIGHT be higher. And many of us find we need some carbs...mine were mostly dairy while losing, now...I just keep a watchful eye on them. Others have to stay very low.

BUT focus on hydration first...the first month don't count anything BUT FLUID...64 oz each and every day. IF some of that fluid is protein, fine but you won't die of not eating, you WILL die of not drinking fluids. And the best thing to do once healed and on solid foods, aim for 30 grams of protein before eating any carbs.

TU @southernlady - Post-Op I am going to count what carbs you guys tell me to count! pre-op now I am trying to stay within 45 per-meal and am counting total carb count, but still trying to get in at lest 30 fibers or FI Bars as I usually say. I will not have to worry about food post op for at lest 4 weeks and will likely drive you guys crazy then.

@Barbara where did you buy it? Some places will take back an open container, I know Vitamin Shoppe, GNC and Costco will, not sure about others, but it's worth a shot to ask.
@duh_Mom in the beginning, and during the weight loss phase most people seem to try to stay below 50 for the day. Not all, but that seems to be the # that you see referenced the most. Now I'm not as strict as I was, but when I read labels I try to make sure protein is higher than carbs so it's worth the tummy space.

Latest posts

Back