ISOPURE after VS surgery in November?

Cathy D

Hi, I could really use some advise. I have read that after surgery there is at least one week of clear fluids. Did anybody use Isopure during that time?

I used it - when it was ice cold (slushy, even) it was OK. then I found Syntrax
Nectars which taste better. I'd still be drinking them if they weren't so darned expensive.

Hi @Cathy D , yes, I was given Isopure ready-to-drink grape frost in the hospital on the bariatric floor, immediately after my Duodenal Switch in 2009. It was the only protein drink I could tolerate, as I was lactose intolerant post-DS. I drank that, which is clear, and got in at least 90 grams of protein from day one after surgery. Some people gag on it, I loved it. Sometimes you see cloudy things in it, just shake it up. It's the isolate protein in suspension, I think. They sell it at GNC, CVS, and other places, by the bottle. There are other flavors, the cherry one is good. The rest made me gag. Don't stock up on ANYTHING pre-op, because what you like now may just make you gag later.

I also liked the Syntrax Nectars. Fuzzy Navel, Wild Grape, and some others.

You can get samples of all the different protein drinks from Vitalady (Michelle Curan) on line. She sells almost every brand available, and also some of her own concoctions. That way you can sample them before buying and wasting money on a 2# tub.

I used it - when it was ice cold (slushy, even) it was OK. then I found Syntrax
Nectars which taste better. I'd still be drinking them if they weren't so darned expensive.
Thanks, I will check out syntax nectars. Nut told me that I should gather a variety of different liquid proteins.

I've never used the Isopure powders so I can't speak about them. The clear ones in the glass bottles, were a big help. I still drink them. See if you can find them in single bottle sales. I know Vitamin Shoppe did sell them individually for a while. You can taste test without a huge investment.

Latest posts

Back