Introducing myself

Stacy McCloud

Hello everyone! My name is Stacy and I have been trying to have some form of surgery for the past 15 years, all to no avail. I have went though the motions a few times to have my surgery but then found either insurance would not cover it or financing was an issue. Most recently my mother had said she would take out a loan to cover the VSG here in Oklahoma ($9,999). I was to lose 78 pounds before the surgeon would operate on me and I lost 80 pounds in about 3 months thanks to the keto diet. I had my surgery date and when it came time to pay the bill, my mom backed out and changed her mind. I was 10 days away from surgery. This caused so many issues and the weight started to come back on. Fast forward a few months to March of 2018 and my dad died very sudden and tragically, causing more weight to pack on. I am officially DONE being obese and missing out on life. I am exploring surgery options in Mexico and would love any input you may have. Thank you so much for listening to me and thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Much love,
Stacy

Hi, I'm glad you're here. For a self pay option as I was, Dr. Esquerra is an excellent choice. I was/am extremely happy with all aspects of my "Mexico" experience.

You might email them and ask up to what Bmi they will operate on. I was a bmi of 45 then lost around 10 pounds on the 2-week pre-op diet.

Ask any questions!

Consider the DS instead. You want one and done! The sleeve is just another diet with a smaller stomach. Not as miserable as the LAP band but it's the same principle. If you want the metabolic restart, you need malabsorbtion.

Hi and welcome Stacy McCloud ! I'd echo the above sentiments to explore the possibility of a traditional DS given the history of weight loss and re-gain from dieting, restriction only (sleeve is a jumpstart on a diet) will probably not have the desired long term results. All the best!

Welcome! I had the rny and now trying to get a revision to the DS. I also encourage you to look at the DS so you can maintain your weight loss!

Latest posts

Back