Insurance Question

StormyWeather

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure if anyone might know the answer to this, but I thought I'd check. I was given approval and preauthorized for Duodenal Switch surgery on August 23, 2021 through Cigna. I was all good to go, but my insurance ID number have now been changed (my husband dropped from coverage and it moved over to me as primary). The coverage is all the same and nothing has changed, it is literally just a different ID number with myself as the primary holder. Does this cancel my preauthorization or will it follow me, as the patient to the new number? I have also put in a message to the physician's office to ask, but didn't know if anyone here might know either. Thank you!

I would call your insurance company and ask them to reissue the approval with the new member ID number to avoid confusion, and then call your surgeon and explain the situation and ask them to include your new member ID number in all future communications and especially billing.

I would call your insurance company and ask them to reissue the approval with the new member ID number to avoid confusion, and then call your surgeon and explain the situation and ask them to include your new member ID number in all future communications and especially billing.

Thank you so much! I called this morning, explained the situation and they assured me that the preauthorization can be moved to the new ID since the employer, plan and group were all the same. They are reissuing the letters with corrected numbers. Thank you for the advice! I was a bit frazzled because I started this process last November and August 23 is just about here, so I was terrified they would say I needed to start over.

Thank you so much! I called this morning, explained the situation and they assured me that the preauthorization can be moved to the new ID since the employer, plan and group were all the same. They are reissuing the letters with corrected numbers. Thank you for the advice! I was a bit frazzled because I started this process last November and August 23 is just about here, so I was terrified they would say I needed to start over.
I can certainly understand your fear! I’m so happy that you’re almost there.

Latest posts

Back