Insurance denial

Heather Beckstead

Hello, I am currently in the process of trying to have bariatric surgery. However- I am having trouble with my insurance. I have completed all their requirements except one. They require 5 yeas of documented weight. I have 2016, 2017-2020, I am only missing 2017. I just was simply not weighed in at any appointments. I was only seeing one doctor at the time, which is for my IIH and he does not do weight checks. I was pointed to this group by a support group that I have joined. They told me Dianna Cox and Larra help out with these types of issues. I need help!

Hi and welcome Heather Beckstead ! Diana and Larra are better positioned to help, but I can say I am with you in spirit as I've experienced the same challenge and frustration with insurance before ultimately getting everything to happen. Hang in there!

Do you have any photos taken of you during that year? Were you close to the borderline weight before or after the missing year? Or clearly MO before and after.

Did they actually deny you? What state do you live in, and what kind of insurance?

Do you have any photos taken of you during that year? Were you close to the borderline weight before or after the missing year? Or clearly MO before and after.

Did they actually deny you? What state do you live in, and what kind of insurance?

DianaCox I do have photos. I have been 300+ for 14 yrs, so I have been clearly MO.

I don't know if they have actually denied me yet. My doctor said "they are really not wanting to approve you with that missing year" They have said they can try to resubmit, so I am assuming its actually been denied. I am in Utah and have UHC

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back