Instead of Duct Tape (which forum for THIS?)

It's somewhere between brilliantly simple and missing the "high volume pouch" that would make it indispensable for those intestinal retribution days.

No clue where it goes. How 'bout maybe a Fab Finds section for this, that charcoal flatulence absorber pantiliner thing, etc.

Whaddaya think?

Endorsements but also discoveries like this butterfly butt thing. Or does Spiky have to try it first?

Nah, too limiting.

My initial thought was WTF? Do people actually need/use these things? Then I remembered the 'charcoal underwear' and various other products that seem to sell....To someone. I hope I never need them. :eek:

I actually bought these. Really. They're under my bathroom sink right now. Just can't bring myself to try them.

TMI alert. I travel a lot. When I fly, I wear feminine needs goods, in case of delays. Though I have never actually needed them, I have had some close calls. I bought the butterflies after a humiliating pat-down by the TSA at LaGuardia. As background, I have a swollen abdomen and thus look very pregnant, though to be clear I am not and never told a TSA agent I was. In any case, as happens with some frequency, I was subjected to a pat-down. With the back of her hand, the TSA agent felt something in my underwear which must have seemed to contradict the possibility of the pregnancy. Thus began an embarrassing line of questioning the nature of which I never expected and which I certainly did not appreciate. The TSA agent asked what was in my underwear. I identified the item in question as a "panty liner". Then the agent loudly debated with me whether that was the appropriate term as "panty liners are thin". She let everyone within a certain radius know what I had felt more like a "sanitary napkin". I told her it that "panty liner" was the first term that came to mind and I wasn't used to discussing these items in public. Then she proceeded to ask *why* I was wearing one. I told her I was spotting and planned to see a doctor about it - an untruth - because I just didn't know what else to say. This satisfied her. She ran her swab through the chemical sensor and let me go without another word. I should add that I was travelling with male colleagues who were close nearby, heard every word, and from the expressions on their faces were absolutely horrified.

A few days later a banner ad for the butterfly product showed up on my screen. I clicked on the link and ordered them. For what it's worth my next flight to LGA is scheduled for tomorrow.... I might just give them a try. Might. If I am feeling brave.

I actually bought these. Really. They're under my bathroom sink right now. Just can't bring myself to try them.

TMI alert. I travel a lot. When I fly, I wear feminine needs goods, in case of delays. Though I have never actually needed them, I have had some close calls. I bought the butterflies after a humiliating pat-down by the TSA at LaGuardia. As background, I have a swollen abdomen and thus look very pregnant, though to be clear I am not and never told a TSA agent I was. In any case, as happens with some frequency, I was subjected to a pat-down. With the back of her hand, the TSA agent felt something in my underwear which must have seemed to contradict the possibility of the pregnancy. Thus began an embarrassing line of questioning the nature of which I never expected and which I certainly did not appreciate. The TSA agent asked what was in my underwear. I identified the item in question as a "panty liner". Then the agent loudly debated with me whether that was the appropriate term as "panty liners are thin". She let everyone within a certain radius know what I had felt more like a "sanitary napkin". I told her it that "panty liner" was the first term that came to mind and I wasn't used to discussing these items in public. Then she proceeded to ask *why* I was wearing one. I told her I was spotting and planned to see a doctor about it - an untruth - because I just didn't know what else to say. This satisfied her. She ran her swab through the chemical sensor and let me go without another word. I should add that I was travelling with male colleagues who were close nearby, heard every word, and from the expressions on their faces were absolutely horrified.

A few days later a banner ad for the butterfly product showed up on my screen. I clicked on the link and ordered them. For what it's worth my next flight to LGA is scheduled for tomorrow.... I might just give them a try. Might. If I am feeling brave.

Oh FFS!! I don't even know what to say about this. Fecking TSA!

that's just horrible, what the HELL is wrong with us? I mean, in what universe is that kind of crap helping us stay safe from terrorism?

:mad:

For those curious minds, I just *couldn't* do it. I kept imagining having adhesive *there*, kind of like what happens when you leave a Band-Aid on too long. And that scared me off.

I probably should have worn the butterfly because for some reason my boarding pass wasn't marked TSA Precheck which saves me from pat-down because then it is just X-ray involved. (When I go through the "nudie" machine, I'm always flagged for a pat-down afterwards.) Weird anatomy? Compression stockings? What/Why??? Does anyone else get the touchy feelies every single time? (Not sure what causes me to be singled out for "special handling".) Anyway, the TSA agent I got this time was very professional and didn't embarrass me in any way, but then again she works at ORD vs. LGA where Little Miss Explain-What's-in-Your-Panties works. We'll see how the return trip goes..

@Jackie and @SHales, I think every DS'er knows the TSA would do better to search me for carbs vs. panty-liners for the safety (well, olfactory comfort) of the other travelers on the flight.... ;) ha!

Oh FFS! How can they even try to make an arsehole pad look dainty. You shove a fabric throwing star up your crack so you don't splart. I invisage the blot tests like in sanitary pads commercials but instead of red fluid they use gravy. I think lamb gravy would be the most sufficent for task.

Latest posts

Back