Initial Teleconsult, Dr. Keshishian freaking out!

Doctorblue

So, I have my initial consult with Dr. K tonight. I’m not sure why, but I’m slightly freaking out. I’ve been researching the DS for close to a year. Read almost every thread in this DS sub forum. In multiple FB groups. All of a sudden it’s hitting me that yes, this could really be happening. And now the fear is kicking in about long term complications. (My big one right now is fear of osteoporosis, as I had many sprains, strains, dislocations, and breaks in my younger years). Plus, I’ve seen some of the posters who only lose a small percentage (especially as a revision) and I’m scared of having to deal with the long term maintenance due to malabsorption for possibly only a small amount of weight loss. Risk/reward analysis.

I also might just be in my head because today (against my recommendations) is the first day we have started letting clients back inside my business and maybe I’m just stressing because of that. I’m in one of those areas that so many people aren’t taking the pandemic seriously.

You know you better than anyone else does. Fast forward 20 years. Where will you be with and without the DS? What will your life most likely be with or without surgery? Which option scares you most?

I was more afraid to do nothing than I was to do something.

There are a lot of people in this world who don't do their due diligence. Sometimes it's lack of brain power. Sometimes it's mental health issues or other problems. Very few people who get a good surgery and a good surgeon have problems.

What Munchkin said.

You'll have an opportunity to ask questions, with one of the planet's formost DS experts providing the answers. Ask him about your specific concerns. Be upfront about them, and what can be done if, for example, you become one of the relatively few who does have issues with malabsorption. See what he says. Hopefully you will find reassurance in what you hear.

I think it's normal to be anxious. write down all your questions and I think you will feel much better once the appointment is over.

:)

Went very well. I agree with everyone who said how personable he is. Yes, got my questions answered, although blanked out asking a few.

He probably thinks I’m stupid, hehe. We were talking about food and then he suddenly jumped to asking if I could walk around the block. My silly self thought he was legitimately asking me to go walk around the block. I was like, I guess I can, but it’s kind of hot right now smacks forehead.

Went very well. I agree with everyone who said how personable he is. Yes, got my questions answered, although blanked out asking a few.

He probably thinks I’m stupid, hehe. We were talking about food and then he suddenly jumped to asking if I could walk around the block. My silly self thought he was legitimately asking me to go walk around the block. I was like, I guess I can, but it’s kind of hot right now smacks forehead.
So, now that you are back from your walk...

Latest posts

Back