I'M so tired of taking vitamin I dont know what to do

she cracks me up she is reading and watching everything she can find or read on internet about labor, pregnancy or anything she can find about being pregnant or newborns. Then she will tell me the FACT she read on the internet. I'm like really no way thanks for letting me know that I never had any kids before you know. LOL these darns kids of today think they are so much smarter than us.

What a beautiful daughter! :)

Hey Charris (and any other vets with information), I have a question. I'm assuming that you have had as much trouble as me keeping things down. Did you find that your abdomen was swollen as a result?

If I can be bothered to hunt down my power cord from my kiddos tonight, I may try to post a pic of mine. The rest of me is getting pretty thin, but my abdomen is very, very swollen still. Uncomfortably so. I guess I'm just wondering if it is all the wounds or if there is another issue going on? There is literally a line on either side of my abdomen (past my hipbone and up to my chest) where the distension starts. It is worse at the end of the day when I've been walking around a lot. Too much activity also starts up the worst nausea. I try to take it "easy" during the day, but it's just not always possible with my responsibilities.

I saw a post about protein deficiency here that got me thinking (and scared me a bit). I KNOW that *I* am not getting enough protein, although I am trying like H*ll. I just wondered if you were experiencing this too, Charris.

I had my surgery open. But yes my tummy was very swollen and extended until recently. It has almost went back to normal. The rule for protein is 30/60/90. 30 grams by 30 days, 60 by 60 days and 90 by 90 days. To be honest I cheat. I but the 50 gram protein drinks that are 3.5 ounces and split it into 2 servings and push it through the tube. Then I push a quality protein drink with 50 grams mixed with 4 oz of water through the tube split in half. So that anything protein that I am able to eat is just icing on the cake.

Thanks, Charris. I'm averaging about 40g of protein on a good day. Which drink is 50grams of protein? Are these the protein tubes?

I may try to hunt those down this weekend. Trying to find one that is fruity that I can just slam down. My protein shakes are taking me too long to get down.

I had an open revision also. It's good to know that the swelling is getting better now that you are doing better. Your system for getting protein in sounds pretty smart.

proteinsnob,
You may want to start a new thread for all those people who are tired of hearing me complain and wont even open my thread so you can get so good solid support and answers to your questions. Just saying

proteinsnob,
You may want to start a new thread for all those people who are tired of hearing me complain and wont even open my thread so you can get so good solid support and answers to your questions. Just saying

Carnivores has 50 grams, and Proto Shot 49 has 49, 1carb, 0 sugars, I don't have the powder one right here with me that has 50 grams that is but I will email you once I do. The powder come is the basics plus cookies and cream. The other 2 come in fruity flavors. Don't know what they taste like I just push them through the tube.

Carnivores has 50 grams, and Proto Shot 49 has 49, 1carb, 0 sugars, I don't have the powder one right here with me that has 50 grams that is but I will email you once I do. The powder come is the basics plus cookies and cream. The other 2 come in fruity flavors. Don't know what they taste like I just push them through the tube.

the powder is ISOPURE cookies and cream... 50grams of protein whey isolate 0 carbs 0 sugars

proteinsnob,

Huh?!?!?! Nah... a new thread may be a good idea but not for THAT reason... but because with a new subject line people will know there's another question!

proteinsnob,

Not tired of hearing about your troubles or progress.

Charris, sorry I don't know enough to comment on your vitamin situation, though I do hope that things will get better soon.
I wanted to add that your daughter is stunning, and from the pics I saw of you over at PB, she resembles you closely:). She is glowing.

I had no real complications at all - except nausea for the first month. But - my throat closed up at the very thought of trying to swallow a vitamin, especially a prenatal that might make my uber-sensitive taste and smell go off from the B-vites. I didn't start taking my vitamins until I was three months out. <hangs head in shame> But I had plenty of reserves, because I was well-nourished going into surgery (no stupid pointless preop diet required), so my labs never suffered.

Clarissa: I never get tired of reading you. I love seeing pics of you and your gorgeous daughter. Especially love seeing pregnant women with healthy self esteem in horizontal stripes. LOVE IT. Tell your daughter I hope she has a baby girl who looks just like HER.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles. Hoping you turn a "corner" soon and have the smooth sailing you deserve.

I hope you can get to where you can swallow them soon. It must be REALLY annoying and time consuming.
Just keep on keeping on. Things will change with time.

Latest posts

Back