I think I have come to the realization that I need a revision

Rob - on my phone so I just skimmed but will read more closely. I don't disagree that villi can differ by individuals. You mentioned CC length numerous times but not the alimentary limb. Dr k has a study on his site where he compared ...well here, read it

373 DS patients where the 10% common channel and 40% AL (that is key with me, not my CC...we absorb much more through the AL than I had originally believe, according to Dr K and he has done over 2,000, yes 2,000 DS procedures) demonstrate a " very low incidence of protein malnutrition".

I get the villi argument but it my assumption that this 10%/40% length was what they standardized to when doing this procedure as it caught the full normal distribution of folks and their specific villi absorption ability...so the low absorbers were still "protected by these lengths" and the high absorbers lost enough weight with these lengths..if that makes any sense.

So when I say it is math, I am saying your villi argument was compensated for in this algorithm. That is my somewhat educated opinion.

Regarding your situation, all I can say is that if you are worried you are losing too much then get a CBC and CMP monthly or every other month and watch your Albumin and Total Protein closely. I would say if those numbers are in range and show a positive (not declining) trend then you are in good shape. I can tell you my numbers lagged my initial weight loss by about 3 weeks. I had full draw 3 weeks ago and then CBC & CMP on Friday....the Tot Protein and albumin are heading the wrong direction again as I suspected. To me this has always been more about the lab values and how I feel (weak as shit) and weight was secondary...sure weight is an indicator but the lab values and how you feel are the true metrics that need to be followed....JMO

More great info Scott, yes, I meant CC and alim limb ratio as a combined factor and will go back and edit, thxs and I'll read more of that write up later, gotta go actually do some work....lol

Latest posts

Back