I Survived and Didn't Have to Hide Any Bodies

k9ophile

The tour went well. Thanks for all the well wishes.

As for the bodies... We were approached with an offer to include a tour of a home that is unoccupied and for sale. We do not include those, yet being desperate to get enough houses to have a tour, we agreed. We were approached by a professional stager of realtors. The house is a beautifully done 1918 house in the historic district. He promised fully decorated for the holidays and fires in the 4 fireplaces. We went to the house yesterday for a preview and it was still being painted on the inside and tools and paint cans were all over the place. Today it was minimally decorated, yet the house is historic enough that most of the visitors were happy just to see the inside. We only had one complaint that we were "selling" the house. The house was not heated. The realtor was on site and maintained a very low key presence. She was not happy with the end product as far as decorating, as the outcome did not live up to the promises of what would be done.

We actually were able to put a good spin on it due to the variety of homes on the tour. In addition to the historic home, we had a modern condo in an area that has generated a lot of curiosity. It was beautiful. We had a horse farm and a buffalo ranch, and the three other homes were beautifully decorated.

So other than a few hours of lost sleep and a mild panic attack, I did well. However I plan to do massive research on alternative methods of fund-raising for the future. And NEVER work with this man again.

Glad you survived. Sounds like the realtor over promised.

Interestingly enough, when we had photos made so we could sell our house, the photographer was great but had we been told he would photoshop a fire in the fireplace, we would have just lit it so he could save time.

"Glad you survived. Sounds like the realtor over promised."

The realtor was great. She was vary low keyed. She was as disappointed in the result as I was. It was the stager who was in danger of being maimed and/or crippled. It definitely needed more furniture to sell it.

Well done! Congratulations on your successful fundraiser. Time for a sigh of relief, followed by a toast and tasty cocktail!

Latest posts

Back