I had Weight Loss Surgery Friday

Last Friday I had weight loss surgery, I had somewhat a restless night after surgery so I'm little bit Tired. My pain is bearable when I'm in different positions i have different levels of comfort, my thoart is sore, swollen and dry but small sips of water is help me. My diet is drink clear liquid like broth,Unsweetened juice , and sugar free jello. Also I was surprise I was not hungry, I'm just dehydrated and thirsty.My mental stage was full of a variety of emotions I just undergone a complete change in my life forever, and Food has always been a lifelong friend, a companion, a stress reliever, and my addiction.I still ask myself "Did I do the right thing" or "What did I do to myself?" I will keep you post on how I'm doing with my surgery

JackieOnLine

Staff member
congratulations!

I still ask myself "Did I do the right thing" or "What did I do to myself?"
that sounds completely normal. all the changes are hard but the main thing that helps is time. expect it to take a lot of TIME to adjust.

don't worry about food at all, just push liquids. I assume you are at home? you should be keeping track of how much liquid you are getting.

hilary1617

First time at the rodeo.
Congratulations! Every day should get a bit better from here. Please stay hydrated. Once you are on to solid foods avoid carbs and focus on protein, to maximize your weight loss during the window of opportunity.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to post op. Please stay hydrated and walk as much as you can. A bit of buyer’s remorse is normal.