I did it

I use simethicone. And it works. EXCEPT...for me anyway...simethicone does not treat the "gas" that is from the abdomen being inflated like a weather balloon for lap surgery (because that gas isn't in the area that simethicone can get to.) THAT cure is time. Ugh!
yes i feel it in all my body

I was just going to say that. Insufflation gas from lap surgery has to slowly dissipate through your tissues. It often lodges in the left shoulder area for some reason. Just ask for adequate pain meds.

I was just going to say that. Insufflation gas from lap surgery has to slowly dissipate through your tissues. It often lodges in the left shoulder area for some reason. Just ask for adequate pain meds.
how long it takes until the body get cleared from gas?

At least for me, first day was just, just horrible. It was better the next day and after a week, it was headed in the right direction.

This is the worst of it, I promise. It gets better each day, and all you can do is walk a little to move the gas, sip, and rest.

I use simethicone. And it works. EXCEPT...for me anyway...simethicone does not treat the "gas" that is from the abdomen being inflated like a weather balloon for lap surgery (because that gas isn't in the area that simethicone can get to.) THAT cure is time. Ugh!
The simethicone did not work for me either it was awful.

OK, lets add a little reality here. The DS is amazing. It takes a while to get amazing. The DS is a YMMV recovery for sure. Some people feel well pretty quickly. Some people it takes longer. The really bad part seems to be over in a week for everyone.

After that, it seems to vary. I got functional pretty quickly. I walked 3 miles at day 7 I went to a Baseball game at day 10. Back at work in 4 weeks. But, it was 7 month before I really felt reasonable again and 13 months before I was really back to normal.

I never regreted surgery because I was losing weight and so happy about it, but it took a while to adjust.

Other people recover faster than me. Just understand this is a process.

Latest posts

Back