I’m new

Well it could be several things….first I wasn’t ready I don’t think. I wasn’t ready to give up a lot of things. It helped my husband because it slowed him way down….but I’m more of a graze…. I could keep my weight down somewhat with exercise too and now at my age I can’t do as much and my metabolism isn’t getting any better.

Well it could be several things….first I wasn’t ready I don’t think. I wasn’t ready to give up a lot of things. It helped my husband because it slowed him way down….but I’m more of a graze…. I could keep my weight down somewhat with exercise too and now at my age I can’t do as much and my metabolism isn’t getting any better.
Sounds like you sort of answered your question….. you used to be able to handle weight with exercise but now that’s not possible. It’s only going to get harder the older you get, even if you do manage a sizable loss now, maintaining will be hard , if possible. The malabsorption component is priceless. Virgin DS for me in 2016 at age 58. No problems and great success!
Susan

That’s great to hear Susan that it has worked for you so well….I’m praying for the same. I don’t know if you guys went through this but I keep beating myself up that I can’t seem to do this on my own….but reality has hit me finally that I need help. Thank so much for all the input I’ve received

If we could all do it on our own, as you put it, there would be no such thing as bariatric surgery, and now the demand for effective medications, not to mention the billion dollar weight loss industry. You, like so many of us, have been shamed into thinking that this is all about moral failure, lack of will power, etc. The medical community is finally accepting that obesity is a complex, multifactorial, chronic medical problem that requires medical care, just like any other chronic medical problem.
It's difficult to overcome that internalized voice of shame, but in reality there is no shame in acknowledging that you have a medical problem that requires medical care.

Thank you Laura…..I realize I can’t do it alone anymore. I’ve tried a couple different medications to help but I’m so sensitive to medications, it doesn’t work for me. I’m just glad there is something like these surgeries to help

It helped my husband because it slowed him way down….but I’m more of a graze…
Being a grazer isn’t an issue with the DS as long as you focus on protein based sources. In fact, outside of surgeons offices, it’s encouraged because with our tiny sleeves, getting 120 grams of protein or more is damned near impossible.

Welcome!! I got the DS because I needed the malabsorption to keep it off. I have had a few back surgeries and I’m disabled by chronic pain plus have limited mobility. At some point I am going to lose my ability to walk and really could use a wheelchair now but my insurance says I don’t “need” one. So exercise is off the table!

But I needed something that would for sure help me lose weight and keep it off for life and now worry about the five year regain. The DS is that but one really needs to commit to eating a lot of protein and taking vitamins for the rest of your life. It’s been a worthy trade off for me!

Latest posts

Back