How do you handle being sick?

Webmommy

I have been sick with allergies all weekend and it usually turns into bronchitis. Or pneumonia if I am unlucky.

I feel terrible and I don't want to eat but I am close to being dehydrated.

Do you force yourself to eat to get your protein in or do you focus on just hydration?

My inclination is to worry about protein later but is that wrong?

I still try to drink but I am generally very unsuccessful as you probably know by the amount of time I have become malnourished due to as soon as i put it in it comes out one end or the other immediately. But try to at least take little sips. Hope you feel better. I use zyrtec for my allergies because it doesn't make me sleepy. Good luck.

On my list, hydration is #1 priority, then vitamins, then protein, then fat. Over a short period of time (few days), it is only a lack of fluids that will get you in real trouble. Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:
My mouth is getting dry because I can't breathe out my nose. So I am drinking a lot and not actually dehydrated but I feel so dry! I also noticed that Sudafed is not lasting the time listed. The 12 hour lasted maybe half and regular lasts a couple hours. I take Xyzal and Singulair for chronic hives but it works on allergies too. Plus I am using Flonase and nasal spray and it's still bad and moving to my chest. I think I am going to end up going to the doctor for some oral steroids and an inhaler this week. Possibly antibiotics if it's anything like before. I am really surprised that I am metabolizing Sudafed so fast.

My mouth is getting dry because I can't breathe out my nose. So I am drinking a lot and not actually dehydrated but I feel so dry! I also noticed that Sudafed is not lasting the time listed. The 12 hour lasted maybe half and regular lasts a couple hours. I take Xyzal and Singulair for chronic hives but it works on allergies too. Plus I am using Flonase and nasal spray and it's still bad and moving to my chest. I think I am going to end up going to the doctor for some oral steroids and an inhaler this week. Possibly antibiotics if it's anything like before. I am really surprised that I am metabolizing Sudafed so fast.
Try something simple for clearing up clogged noses. Vick’s Vaporub. I’m allergic to damned near every decongestant on the market. Vick’s and Benadryl are all I can use.

A variety of soups. You are taking in liquids and getting in a little protein. Also, protein drinks and supplements.

Girl l am sorry that you are going through this. I absolutely hate when i get like that. Have you tried a nette pot?

Girl l am sorry that you are going through this. I absolutely hate when i get like that. Have you tried a nette pot?
No but I am using saline nasal spray. Thank you. I am doing better and didn't go to the doctor. I found my inhaler from the last time I was sick and that helped. So my rib cage was hurting from the coughing and so I was rubbing it and I could feel ribs! That was thrilling!

Latest posts

Back