Home Chef Meals

BayouSwitch

I've recently subscribed to Home Chef meals. They allow you to customize some of your dietary needs. So, each week I am able to select 3 lower carb meals that are delivered to my home. Perfect for hubby and me on those weeks that I don't feel like handling the planning and shopping. I know this is not for everyone but we have had a pretty good experience with this service so far.

I have been looking at some of the pre-made paleo meals for the same reason. I have not ordered as of yet.

Could be good! I got a few blue apron meals for free from a friend. You can't beat the convenience, but they were over priced and not super customizable. Do you think the price is worth it for home chef? I looked around but couldn't find an estimate.

Could be good! I got a few blue apron meals for free from a friend. You can't beat the convenience, but they were over priced and not super customizable. Do you think the price is worth it for home chef? I looked around but couldn't find an estimate.
I have had no complaints yet about the food. My hubby and I get 3 meals a week for the two of us at about $59.00. Yes, I think it costs a little more that I would spend just home cooking, but the meals have been very tasty, good portions and creative. I, am sometimes, will to pay for the convenience of not having to plan and shop for daily cooking. In addition, you never have to worry about buying a whole bunch of something that you will only need a small portion of. So, there's no waste with this style of cooking. I used to subscribe to Hello Fresh. It is much the same but they did not have the option to customize for dietary preferences, might have changed since then, not sure. They too were very tasty and very creative meals.

I really love to cook, but it is challenging sometimes cooking for just two and trying to be creative without being repetitive or wasteful. I don't use this service all the time but I chose what weeks I want to receive and turn off deliveries for weeks when I don't care for the menu or if I'll be out of town or simply don't want to spend the money.

@BayouSwitch thanks for the insight! I've thought about doing hello fresh, as well. I agree that it is nice to have someone do the planning for you, every now and then.

Ive thought about one of these services, at least for lunch because I easily spend $8 to $10 a day on garbage. Thanks for sharing!

We did Home Chef, but got bored. A lot of menus/recipes repeated. We may go back, but not yet.

Latest posts

Back