Hola! I need to find a current list of good DS surgeons

SleeplessinKY

LostBetweenTheCracks
I don't think I have done this before. I am definitely "Lost between the cracks." I had a revision from a roux-en-y to a DS in January 2013 in San Francisco, CA. At the time, only 4 surgeons would do the revision in the US. Having a lot more energy, resources, and support back then, I flew from KY to CA. Everything was great until almost a year later. I was 5' 3" and 135 lbs. My goal was 125. My surgeon called and said I was losing too much weight. My highest weight ever was 314 lbs. I didn't even believe there was such a thing as losing too much weight. He told me to start eating all the time, as much as I could. That is when the very painful stomach aches, more excessive that expected gas, bloating, frequent and urgent BM's began. This has been going on ever since. I don't get out of the house unless I really have to. I have been told I have malabsorption issues, but my labs are always pretty good. However, my weight is down to 105 lbs. It has been lower. The nearest DS surgeon to me is 2.5 hours away and not as experienced. I have been to him several times over the last few years, but he has not been able to help me. Also, it has become hard for me to travel. Nonetheless, I was hoping someone knew where to find an up-to-date list of well-experienced DS Surgeons. After 6 months of C-diff and then being diagnosed with EPI this year, I have got to get some help. I live in Western KY where the doctors have never heard of DS surgery. I hope to find somewhere closer than CA. Also, the doctor there no longer takes my insurance. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Last edited:
I know you don’t want to travel but if I was in your situation, I would at least have a virtual consult with Dr Ara Keshishian in Pasadena, CA (suburb of LA) to see what he recommends. He is one of the best revisional bariatric surgeons there is and he also handles complex abdominal cases, which I know from personal experience.

I know you don’t want to travel but if I was in your situation, I would at least have a virtual consult with Dr Ara Keshishian in Pasadena, CA (suburb of LA) to see what he recommends. He is one of the best revisional bariatric surgeons there is and he also handles complex abdominal cases, which I know from personal experience.
Thanks!

Also... when your health is at risk you really need to rethink that traveling to fix your problem once and for all might be the best option. How many more years do you want to suffer from your symptoms?

Latest posts

Back