Hilary! The orange jug of shame is gone!

Spiky Bugger

hilary1617

At least on my next 24-hour urine! On this one...a stone risk test..the patient collects 24 hours’ worth of urine in the ugly orange jug, shakes it all up, fills two little (+/- 1-2 oz?) containers with said urine, and then dumps remaining urine “in the commode,” flushes and throws the orange jug of shame in the trash. (No recycling allowed.)

Your West L A march is a thing of the past!

Well, that sure makes it a lot more convenient! Thank goodness for progress. There are so many other and dare I say better ways I can be publicly shamed. To meet my quota, I will return to my habits of tripping over invisible objects and spilling drinks across meeting room floors.

Hope the results are favorable!

The save, collect small quantities, then flush the rest is my preferred way to do a 24 hour collection. One required it to be stored in the fridge. Yes, it was well sealed and, in reality, while having little chance of seriously contaminating anything in the fridge, it did have the Ewww factor.

(I get my second injection of Prolia today.)

The save, collect small quantities, then flush the rest is my preferred way to do a 24 hour collection. One required it to be stored in the fridge. Yes, it was well sealed and, in reality, while having little chance of seriously contaminating anything in the fridge, it did have the Ewww factor.

(I get my second injection of Prolia today.)

This one requires collecting all 24-hours’ worth, then shaking like crazy and saving a very small amount to be tested.

(I was told yesterday, and it confirmed my thoughts, that I need to exclude treatment that is anything other than daily. That’s because I present with a high likelihood of developing side effects related to all my other conditions, and because the effects of the monthly, quarterly, etc treatments “last so long,” the side effects would have to be dealt with for a longer time.)

This one requires collecting all 24-hours’ worth, then shaking like crazy and saving a very small amount to be tested.

(I was told yesterday, and it confirmed my thoughts, that I need to exclude treatment that is anything other than daily. That’s because I present with a high likelihood of developing side effects related to all my other conditions, and because the effects of the monthly, quarterly, etc treatments “last so long,” the side effects would have to be dealt with for a longer time.)
I'm sorry to hear that your options are extremely limited. My dad had a plaque that said one should not complain about being old as some never have the chance. I prefer "Growing old is not for sissies".

I'm sorry to hear that your options are extremely limited. My dad had a plaque that said one should not complain about being old as some never have the chance. I prefer "Growing old is not for sissies".
Yeah...I’m currently leaning toward estrogen. I haven’t made or taken any for about four decades, and I just found this at pubmed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29520604

So, maybe.

Yeah...I’m currently leaning toward estrogen. I haven’t made or taken any for about four decades, and I just found this at pubmed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29520604

So, maybe.
My daughter, 12 has just had her first moon two months ago and my face has been broken out in acne for roughly that same time. I can't figure out if I am going through mid-life hormonal changes myself or if it is a sympathy response or maybe her pheromones are causing some of the effect to transfer to me. Anyway, I've been thinking of heading to the endocrinologist and will definitely ask about low dose or transdermal estrogen, if my levels seem low. I have a history of DVT / PE so haven't been able to take birth control pills for fear of another clot, but maybe low dose?

Anyway, keep those bones as strong as possible.

Latest posts

Back