High CRP and surgery

conceit

Baroness
Hi everyone,

I recently had some tests done and the CRP came back high ( 40s). Doctors don't seem to sure what's causing it. I was also diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia, basically my heart rate was over a 100 for resting and would go further up just from standing up (POTS like symptoms) and was considered the cause for my suddenly elevated diastolic BP (95) systolic was not higher than 135ish. The cardiologist thinks my shortness of breath from minor exertion was from the high heart rate. It's gone down since I have been on the beta blocker but not entirely. I can't even say it's weight related because I was heavier months back and had no such issue. I am taking a small dose of a beta blocker which has lowered my diastolic and resting heart rate.

I am honestly clueless as to what's causing the high CRP. Obesity related inflammation usually has the results between 3 and 10ish (from what I am reading) but mine is quite a bit higher, yet nonspecific and not high enough to show a serious infection (of which I'd have symptoms too..but don't).

Did anyone here have a high CRP that turned out to be obesity related by any chance? Any other info would also be appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks! Were your cholesterol and triglycerides high as well? DianaCox

my ldl, hdl, trigs, hdl/ldl ratio are all normal. so i am hoping my CRP is from some other kind of inflammation or maybe even a uti i didn't realize was present.

I spoke with the GP today and was told my CRP was a good 10 points higher (in 50s) last year. I wasn't even informed of this...anyway this was before my Diabetes diagnosis, so I was probably very insulin resistant at the time and had more inflammtion. I am wondering how much this elevation is a result of metabolic syndrome, since having my A1C in non diabetic ranges and lowering LDL has possibly worked to lower the CRP.

It's still high...and my autoimmune tests for rheumatoid arthritis were normal too, besides very slightly elevated complement C 4 (which doesn't mean much I don't think).

I am hoping my CRP is not a surgery deterrent.

I would also look at your ferritin. If that is too low, you may be anemic. But if its abnormally high and you have NOT had an iron infusion, your CRP and ferritin indicate inflammation. You might be fighting a bug, or some other inflammatory process.

I would also look at your ferritin. If that is too low, you may be anemic. But if its abnormally high and you have NOT had an iron infusion, your CRP and ferritin indicate inflammation. You might be fighting a bug, or some other inflammatory process.

Hi Sheanie, my ferritin is 40 (on the low side) but Hb is 13. I do think I am iron deficient. My MCV and MCH (i hope those are the ones) have been low for several months. It does seem like there's some infammatory process in play raising the CRP.

Latest posts

Back