hi

Vicki

Hello I'm Vicki , I was 216 preop with my highest weight at 245 . I'm 10 weeks post op VSG. Frustrated because I feel like I'm going to hang where I am at 188. I think this is the weight my body likes the most. Ive gone over and over what I'm in taking to see if its something I'm doing and come up with nothing.
I think I'm considered a lightweight slow loser :) which I guess is better than losing to much to fast and becoming I'll.

Hi Vicki - nice to see you here. sounds like you've lost a lot in 10 weeks, be happy!! how's your pants fitting?

:welcome2:

About two pounds a week. My pants fit now .. LoL thanks for the thought .. Just worried I did all this for 30 lbs.

Howdy :). You've lost 28 pounds in 10 weeks, which is almost THREE pounds per week, not two. In what universe is that slow?

I don't see if you've mentioned anywhere how much you needed to lose, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you had less than 100 pounds to lose at the point of surgery, yes? This means that you have lost nearly 30% of your excess weight at MINIMUM, in less than three months. You're on track to lose 100% of your excess weight in under a year.

Again, in what universe is that slow?

I had a DS not VSG but, 10 weeks isn't a very long time. You have lots more time to lose all you want. Heal well!

Howdy :). You've lost 28 pounds in 10 weeks, which is almost THREE pounds per week, not two. In what universe is that slow?

I don't see if you've mentioned anywhere how much you needed to lose, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you had less than 100 pounds to lose at the point of surgery, yes? This means that you have lost nearly 30% of your excess weight at MINIMUM, in less than three months. You're on track to lose 100% of your excess weight in under a year.

Thank you for replying .. So im in the normal range ?

Thank you for the reply... So I am losing at a normal rate? I read all these post about sleevers losing 40 or 50 lbs in first two months and thought I was doing something wrong. I needed to lose 70 lbs total pounds in total. Lost about 10 before surgery.

Go back to those posts of people losing 40-50 pounds in no time flat and check to see how much they need to lose in total. Let's assume 100 pounds of excess weight for ease of arithmetic. On them, 40-50 lbs. = 40-50% EWL.

You had 70 to lose and lost 10 before surgery, so you had 60 to lose when you went under the knife. You have lost 28 of 60 in 10 weeks = 47% of your excess weight!:ngbbs450d0391e9c80:

You need to compare apples to apples, see?

Go back to those posts of people losing 40-50 pounds in no time flat and check to see how much they need to lose in total. Let's assume 100 pounds of excess weight for ease of arithmetic. On them, 40-50 lbs. = 40-50% EWL.

You had 70 to lose and lost 10 before surgery, so you had 60 to lose when you went under the knife. You have lost 28 of 60 in 10 weeks = 47% of your excess weight!:ngbbs450d0391e9c80:

You need to compare apples to apples, see?
Wow looking at it that way makes a huge difference!! I'm doing way better than I thought :) happy dance thank you so much for taking the time to explain!

Latest posts

Back