Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Sharing My Journey' started by LorraineC, Mar 21, 2017.

LorraineC

LorraineC Well-Known Member

Thank you! I may just have to try tofu tempura! I feel like I have no room to eat, but I'm starting to get hunger pains. Will definitely try the cheeses because I love cheese. Seafood was never my thing, and now just the smell makes me nauseated. Chicken and beef take me a few hours to eat.

galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Cheese for sure. It was a life saver and I don't like it that much. But, it really worked for me. Fresh Mozzarella is so awesome. I found recovery pretty hard. All the people who said, I was amazed me.

You know, food was very uninteresting for me for about 60 days. Then, alas it got interesting again. Very interesting unfortunately, but the scale is moving, so whatever.

LorraineC likes this.
    LorraineC

LorraineC Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'm halfway there and food will start getting interesting again. Glad the scale is moving for you again!

galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Well, but tonight I was at ghirardelli square and i thought well, I'll get an ice cream sundae and just eat half. Well, that did not happen. I ate about 7/8's of it. So, the scale might not move in the morning. The nice thing about the DS is it forgiving.

It took me 4 full months to really feel like I could eat again. Enjoy not wanting food. It does not last forever. Leverage it while you can to get the pounds off.

LorraineC likes this.
    Spiky Bugger

Spiky Bugger Well-Known Member

Robb uses Stevia? It used to have sugar alcohols. They changed?

Spiky Bugger

Just checked his website. His stuff contains xylitol...a sugar alcohol. Darn...I was hoping for good news.

Settledownnow

Settledownnow Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right. There is xylitol in the egg protein, but not in the whey protein.

Spiky Bugger

Aha. I use egg protein.

LorraineC likes this.
    JuliaDS

JuliaDS Well-Known Member

Can't handle any of the flavored protein powders or shakes at all! I buy the Jay Robb unflavored egg white protein powder and flavor it myself with whatever I feel like - typically a bit of Valrhona cocoa powder, cinnamon, and a tiny spoon of powdered Stevia, mixed with a bit of almond milk then the rest water in a shaker bottle. Lately I've been adding cold brewed coffee which makes a delicious mocha. I travel a lot so I mix up the dry stuff in snack-sized bags and stuff them into the shaker bottle in my luggage then mix with water in the hotel room in the morning. Works for me!

LorraineC likes this.