Hi all!

Butterfly

Hi everyone. I'm 45 years old and had a sleeve done about 2 years ago. I'm considering a D/S revision.

Before my sleeve I had diabetes but no longer. I still have high blood pressure and sleep apnea.

Hiding under my clothes is a fright of loose skin that is making it hard to exercise as it pulls on my lower back. I've just purchased some foundation garments so maybe that will help.

I start nursing school in a few weeks and I'm very nervous that my age and weight are going to cause me to fail.

Lastly in my sad tale of woe (I can't believe I'm unloading this on all of you, I apologize!), I've cut myself off over the years from meeting new people so I don't have a huge support system outside of a couple of friends, my parents, and my sister. I'm hoping to meet some great people here.

Last edited:
@Butterfly nice to cyber meet you :) you're definitely in the right place. I'm new to this community as well and everyone here has been incredibly helpful and welcoming. As for your anxieties about starting back as school and your age/etc. I can speak from experience on that. I finished my PhD in 2015 and I'm 47. I re-entered higher ed as a non-traditional student and I worried that I was too old or wouldn't do well--all that concern was for nothing. I did do well, in fact I excelled. You will too. Keep your eyes on the prize--you've got this!

~Tori

@writegirl , thank you so much! I'm getting ready to head to my first nursing clinical (only 4 hours, I can do it!) and I'm scared to death! I've been waiting so long to be able to do this, so I'm going to keep on going no matter how scared I am.

Thanks again :)

@Butterfly would love to hear how it went! i'm and old nurse and discovered in my second year of nursing school that it is similar to how we do our Nutritionists. there is the school world of nursing and the real world of nursing. you have to do and parrot to the school world so you can make it to the real world. I wish you all the best!

and an old nurse story... True: our instructors told us not to wear gloves when we changed colostomy bags because it insulted the patient.

If anyone, ever, for any reason, has to come near my poop, they had damn well better be wearing gloves! And if they aren't, that will be the last time they come near any part of me.

Latest posts

Back