Hey there!

yourstruly

My name's Ashley, I'm 23 and from Ohio. I've been overweight since I was a toddler. Diagnosed with insulin resistance at 5 years old. On metformin at 8. Various diets and exercise regimens were what consumed my childhood. I had a VSG when I was 15 but at the time had undiagnosed metabolic concerns (Primarily hypothyroidism) that weren't addressed. I lost next to nothing with the VSG because I had dieted and restricted my consumption most of my life, so my diet wasn't all that much different post-op- so between that and the hypothyroidism not being addressed, not much was lost. I'm currently looking into a revision to a DS, but struggling to find any surgeon near me who performs it revisionally. Any suggestions or advice for my upcoming endeavors would be much appreciated!

Hope you're having a great day. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome yourstruly

Ashley, any DS surgeon can handle a VSG to DS revision. The trick is finding a true DS surgeon. Let us know what state you are in, and we’ll give you known options.

Hi and welcome yourstruly ! Nice to meet you Ashley. VSG, as restriction only is basically just a jumpstart on a diet and most of us who have a history of obesity and failed dieting, need malabsorption as well. Sorry the VSG failed you and wish you best on your DS journey! If you let us know your general location (state), we can probably recommend some vetted DS surgeons.

Welcome yourstruly

Ashley, any DS surgeon can handle a VSG to DS revision. The trick is finding a true DS surgeon. Let us know what state you are in, and we’ll give you known options.
That’s what I figured however I emailed a practice near me with a surgeon who does a true DS and they refuse “revision” surgeries. So I was kinda at a loss.

I’m from Ohio! But I can go into Kentucky/Indiana as well.

Hi and welcome yourstruly ! Nice to meet you Ashley. VSG, as restriction only is basically just a jumpstart on a diet and most of us who have a history of obesity and failed dieting, need malabsorption as well. Sorry the VSG failed you and wish you best on your DS journey! If you let us know your general location (state), we can probably recommend some vetted DS surgeons.
I’d really appreciate that! Thank you so much. I’m from Ohio, but I could go into Kentucky or Indiana as well.

That’s what I figured however I emailed a practice near me with a surgeon who does a true DS and they refuse “revision” surgeries. So I was kinda at a loss.

I’m from Ohio! But I can go into Kentucky/Indiana as well.
No one in KY. I think Dr. Inman is in Carmel, IN. Other than that, your closest is probably Boyce in Knoxville, TN or Kemmetter in Grand Rapids, MI.

Hi Ashley! So glad to see you here. Dr. Inman has an excellent reputation. As southernlady said, any DS surgeon could do a VSG to DS revision, but unfortunately some won't unless you had your original VSG with them. Silly, but true. So you may need to travel a bit, but the extra effort is well worth it.

Hello welcome. Wow you have been through it since the age of 5. Well I am glad you found us. I hope you can get the 2nd part of your surgery. If you have to travel to get what you need it's worth it! YOU'RE WORTH IT. I had to travel to get my revision. I thought this group of ladies were crazy when they told me to travel but I'm glad I listened! They have saved my life several times over and I have met some real genuine give a damn group people & made some true friendships! Good luck

Latest posts

Back