Help! Ive gained 15lbs and bought ALLI!

LindaDarnell

So Ive gained 15 pounds ...and counting! I cant seem to figure out how to reset and get back on track. It's like I cant remember the basics of the DS and what to eat , or not. Im in a fog, but so desperate to lose the weight that I bought Alli today. I have no clue what will happen, or if it will even work. But I'm open to advice...thanks in advance

So Ive gained 15 pounds ...and counting! I cant seem to figure out how to reset and get back on track. It's like I cant remember the basics of the DS and what to eat , or not. Im in a fog, but so desperate to lose the weight that I bought Alli today. I have no clue what will happen, or if it will even work. But I'm open to advice...thanks in advance
Take a step back, DO NOT OPEN the box of Alli. Return it.

Next, log every bite of food and liquid you ingest, counting protein, fat, and carb grams. Do that for a week without making changes. Plug it into My Fitness Pal to see the percentages of what you eat. I suspect you will see where you are going astray. Btw, ignore the calorie count. Get 64 or more of fluid, 120+ grams of protein, 100-150 grams of fat, and limit carbs to 50 grams (total not net). Make sure what carbs you do ingest are from dairy, green/yellow low carb veggies. Eat often, like every 2 hours and do not eat any carbs at least four times a day unless you have 30 grams or more in your body.

Or...alternative to southernlady ’s plan in case you’re as flaky as I am:

For a week, do your best to LIMIT your menu to stuff that is high protein that you enjoy, but a limited selection. Because I have other dietary issues*, my DS surgeon suggested (only a little tongue in cheek) that I eat bacon and eggs, ham and eggs, cheese omlettes, steak and eggs, sausage and eggs, cheeseburgers no bread, pork chops and snack on string cheese.

I’d never last a whole week, but the longer I stay on that program, the more weight melts off.

Anyway, nice to see you back. Your screen name—family member’s real name, right?— makes me smile. But I’d be even MORE neurotic than I am if I were named after a sex symbol.

*one diet eliminates almost all fruits and veggies, the other says no beans. I mean...I can eat a tomato, but only if I remove the skin and seeds...what’s left? Nothing! He also suggested I could just eat the paper that the diets were written on! But he was laughing.

Oh, after my flaky “diet” for as many days as I can muster, I start to pause when I hit the fridge looking for a snack and remind myself that “hungry = protein needed.”

That wisdom doesn’t last forever, but it helps me.

Thank you all for the tips!!!!! It's like I'd forgotten what or how to eat in order to get back on track. southernlady ull be happy to know the hubby returned the Alli without me asking! He's a DS vet as well and he was like "you just wasted $40 when u can do this for free! Uve already paid for tge surgery!" So back to the basics I go!.

Spiky Bugger u make me holler out loud with laughter!! But ur wisdom is spot on. Hunger does mean protein!

I'm glad you, or your husband, returned the Alli. Alli works by causing malabsorption of some portion of the fat you consume. You already malabsorb most of the fat you consume, and whether or not Alli would increase that fat malabsorption I don't know. And, would some small increase of fat malabsorption even make a difference anyway, when the real issue is almost certainly carbs? Doubtful. And, if it DID, would that be enough to create weight loss beyond what your DS gives you or maybe just enough to create diarrhea? Who knows?
Use the tool you have, which is far and away the best tool available. You can do this.

Didn’t know you were a DS couple. My hubby is 5 weeks ahead of me. He’ll hit 10 years mid Dec. me the end of Jan.
Yes maam!! I am revision from sleeve to DS, and he's a full DS! It was during my research of revising to the DS that I learned it was considered a fantastic option to reverse diabetes. I suggested he learn more about it bc he chronically suffered from diabetes. He was a big guy but not "fat"...very muscular. But he wanted the DS to control his diabetes..not so much for weightloss. But he definitely loves his new lean body. Im jealous bc he has ZERO flab..all muscle...almost like he stepped out of a fat suit LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back