Hello

scottleibo

Hi there my name is Scott and I am 45 yo from Michigan. I had my DS procedure done in 2004 and I am 100% satisfied with my results. My surgery weight was 300 lbs and I have been at my goal weight of 150-155 for most of the past 15 years. What I find my struggle to be at this point in time is making sure my vitamins remain at acceptable levels. I found that over the years I slacked off from taking the vitamins and over the past 3 years I have been working to get them back into range which I am happy to have accomplished. I am in need of boosting my ADEK and still feel that I lack working out so my goal is to improve on both fronts and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on getting the ADEK up. I just ordered some ADEK from Celebrate Vitamins that I plan to work in to my diet. I was also wondering if it would be appropriate to share my lab results to compare what others are at in particular when it comes to Iron levels and other vitamin levels. I look forward to hearing back from others.

Hi there my name is Scott and I am 45 yo from Michigan. I had my DS procedure done in 2004 and I am 100% satisfied with my results. My surgery weight was 300 lbs and I have been at my goal weight of 150-155 for most of the past 15 years. What I find my struggle to be at this point in time is making sure my vitamins remain at acceptable levels. I found that over the years I slacked off from taking the vitamins and over the past 3 years I have been working to get them back into range which I am happy to have accomplished. I am in need of boosting my ADEK and still feel that I lack working out so my goal is to improve on both fronts and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on getting the ADEK up. I just ordered some ADEK from Celebrate Vitamins that I plan to work in to my diet. I was also wondering if it would be appropriate to share my lab results to compare what others are at in particular when it comes to Iron levels and other vitamin levels. I look forward to hearing back from others.
Welcome scottleibo

Regarding vitamins, no ADEK will work for anyone. What happens if your A is fine, D in the toilet, E too high, and K borderline. You can’t adjust an ADEK for that.

We suggest taking each individually.

Read this board: https://bariatricfacts.org/forums/vitamins-labs.16/
And yes, share your labs WITH ranges on that board and we will be glad to help.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome!
Agree with southernlady. ADEK's sound perfect, but in reality most contain so little of each component as to be insufficient for us. And you can't adjust each level up and down as needed. Get the separate "dry" forms and you will have a much easier time of it getting your levels where they need to be.

Welcome scottleibo

Regarding vitamins, no ADEK will work for anyone. What happens if your A is fine, D in the toilet, E too high, and K borderline. You can’t adjust an ADEK for that.

We suggest taking each individually.

Read this board: https://bariatricfacts.org/forums/vitamins-labs.16/
And yes, share your labs WITH ranges on that board and we will be glad to help.
I am going to post my labs using the link you sent and where would you suggest I get the individual vitamins? For example my Vitamin E is at 459 and the range is 500-1800 so I need to get that up.

Welcome!

For the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) you want to get a dry formulation since the ordinary oil based ones will mostly be expensive poop for us. I usually get mine from Amazon just because drugstores don't carry the dry versions (and for pretty obvious reasons don't carry the doses we take which could be toxic for a normie). Vitalaby is another source for DS suitable vites I know there are some other sites that folks on here order from.

Latest posts

Back