Hello

Kdsinggirl

My name is Kim D. I'm from Chicago and am awaiting approval for a revision surgery from RNY to DS. I'm praying that it's approved. I have BCBS of IL PPO (Highmark). My highest weight wss 336 lb. Lowest was 224 lb. I'm currently back at 287 lb. I have T2 diabetes again, high cholesterol and was just been diagnosed with high blood pressure. Hrad Anton be here ever been approved? I've read of someone being denied, and it was disheartening.

Welcome Kdsinggirl
Who is your surgeon? I ask because there is only a handful (literally) of RNY to DS revision. If your surgeon is not one the list, ask very careful and complete questions. Your surgeon may be planning a RNY to Distal RNY instead of a DS.

Hi and welcome!
What we've seen with others who want RNY to DS revision is that Dr. Prachand does his best to discourage them. You might want to consult with Dr. Alverdy at same institution, who may be more open minded and also seems to be better liked by his patients. But, if you are already doing great with Dr. Prachand, you are all set.

Oh wow. He wss very encouraging with me. Gotts staff was on top of everything as far as requirements. I'm just praying thst BCBS IL (Highmark) don't deny me.

If things are going well with him, fine. Just so you know that if not, you have another option.

I love Dr. Alverdy, who performed my DS and also helped me with some cancer issues. Iagree with the statement above that he seems to be is more open-minded than Dr. Prachand. I'm also a huge fan of Dr. Alverdy's intellect, bedside manner, and most of all surgical skills. That said, I think Dr. Prachand does a "left handed" procedure that creates a configuration that is basically a mirror image from the standard RNY, so it would be good if Prachand did the RNY in the first instance, that he does the revision too.

[P.S. I know the "left handed" configuration sounds almost unbelievable, but I have heard of it twice - once when I went to get my DS, the nurses told me that they had one Dr. who was left-handed and they could always tell from the scars who if he had performed the procedure and secondly, I had a close friend get a RNY from Dr. Prachand a few years back and she recently had to go under the knife for an unrelated issue in Indianapolis and the doctors down there told her they were surprised to find that her configuration looked like it was a mirror image of any other RNY they had ever seen....]

Latest posts

Back