Hello!

Hi and welcome CristyA ! You're in the right place! The most important thing you can do is to select a vetted, experienced expert surgeon. Where are you located?

Last edited:
Hi Cristy! Good to see you here. Hopefully the folks who have had this revision will see your post and chime in.

Thanks! I'm In AZ. I posted some more information about where I currently am in the process on the main board. Basically, I am having some complications with RNY after 13 years and I'd like to have a revision to DS but at the very least I need to be seen by a competent WLS doctor that can tell me what is going on even if he/she can't perform a revision.

Thanks! I'm In AZ. I posted some more information about where I currently am in the process on the main board. Basically, I am having some complications with RNY after 13 years and I'd like to have a revision to DS but at the very least I need to be seen by a competent WLS doctor that can tell me what is going on even if he/she can't perform a revision.

Hi, Cristy. Welcome.

But let me tell you why the "competent DS surgeon" might not be your best solution. You might encounter one whose ONLY expertise is with the band or with the sleeve gastrectomy, in which case...like they say...if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

So, as a failed band patient, I opted to go to a surgeon who had experience with ALL of the options. There aren't many of those. Your closest is Ara Keshishian in Pasadena, CA.

GOOD LUCK.

Sue

Last edited:
!
Hi, Cristy. Welcome.

But let me tell you why the "competent DS surgeon" might not be your best solution. You might encounter one whose ONLY expertise is with the band or with the sleeve gastrectomy, in which case...like they say...if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

So, as a failed band patient, I opted to go to a surgeon who had experience with ALL of the options. There aren't many of those. Your closest is Ara Keshishian in Pasadena, CA.

GOOD LUCK.

Sue

Yes, very true. I've been down that road before. Thanks for the reminder.

Latest posts

Back