Hello

sleeved4years

this site said since I am new here, I should introduce myself. I've been sleeved for 10 years and I love my sleeve. I have gained some weight back but I still love my sleeve. I'm short so any extra lbs really show. I wish I knew a good way to lose it, but I hate the thought of dieting since I haven't had to worry about it for so long now.

My hunger has returned and it's weird to have that feeling again because for the longest time, I never felt hungry.

I am mother to 2 adult children who have blessed me with 4 grandchildren. I love being a grandmother and I'm happy to say I am close to all of them.

I hope to be able to talk to some other people who have had their sleeves for awhile because it's hard
to relate to the newly sleeved people now.

Hello to you!

holy smoke, it's going to be 10 years coming up for me, too. :eek:

My hunger has returned and it's weird to have that feeling again because for the longest time, I never felt hungry.

I think this is unusual but I had hunger very early out, but then one bite (or sip, at the very beginning) and I would be FULL. but most others I have read don't have hunger for a long time. :dontknow:

our surgeon made really tight sleeves and it does make the first few years a breeze. now, I still have restriction but I have to choose to use it by not eating the foods that I can pack in more of, like (my personal nemesis) Ritz Crackers.

Hi there! I'm another longer-term sleever (same surgeon as Jackie.) I'm coming up on my 7 yr anniversary in April. Still maintaining 100lbs down.. I am about 25lbs over my "happy" low weight, but have been for several years now as I do not diet.. I can, just choose not to :)

I still have restriction, and still get full on a normal-small amount of food vs a VERY small amount immediately post-op! I've had about the same level of restriction from about the 2-2.5 yr mark onwards, despite many overeating episodes.

I think my hunger came back less than a year out- not a biggie for me. I think the most frustrating thing for me was when I would reach full in just a few bites and I wanted more, but had no room (obviously it was what I needed, but still :) )

Hi there! I'm another longer-term sleever (same surgeon as Jackie.) I'm coming up on my 7 yr anniversary in April. Still maintaining 100lbs down.. I am about 25lbs over my "happy" low weight, but have been for several years now as I do not diet.. I can, just choose not to :)

I still have restriction, and still get full on a normal-small amount of food vs a VERY small amount immediately post-op! I've had about the same level of restriction from about the 2-2.5 yr mark onwards, despite many overeating episodes.

I think my hunger came back less than a year out- not a biggie for me. I think the most frustrating thing for me was when I would reach full in just a few bites and I wanted more, but had no room (obviously it was what I needed, but still :) )

I hate that my hunger has come back. I really want to lose my regain but I can't seem to get my head into not being able to eat anything I want. Like I love pistacios. I could eat a huge bag of those and I know they are high in calories. I am the same way with cheese. I know it's high in calories but it's low in carbs so I am not sure if I eat right or not. I eat a lot of calories but low in carbs. What is the right thing to do? I want to be able to wear my jeans again!

I can't afford another surgery. Dr. Aceves died and I just loved him. I loved his hospital too. I just don't have anymore money to have a revision. I have medicare and I am sure they would not approve this since I am not that overweight

Latest posts

Back