Hello

Amanda82

Hello! My name is Amanda, and I will be having the Duodenal Switch on December 9 (I was orignally scheduled for Sept. 8, but I changed the date). My surgeon is Dr. Stephen Boyce in Knoxville. I frequent all the DS Facebook groups (mostly lurk), and I've gotten a lot of good information. I'm just looking to learn more as my surgery date nears. My pre-op diet begins Wednesday, and I think I'm more nervous about that than my actual surgery!

Hello! My name is Amanda, and I will be having the Duodenal Switch on December 9 (I was orignally scheduled for Sept. 8, but I changed the date). My surgeon is Dr. Stephen Boyce in Knoxville. I frequent all the DS Facebook groups (mostly lurk), and I've gotten a lot of good information. I'm just looking to learn more as my surgery date nears. My pre-op diet begins Wednesday, and I think I'm more nervous about that than my actual surgery!

Hello Amanda 82. One of the vets can answer all of you questions. They know everything about the ds

:welcome2: @Amanda82
I'm a Boyce vet, had mine almost 4 years ago now. EXCELLENT cutter but they regurgitate the RNY advice for the DS and we eat totally different ONCE healed and the vitamin advice for everyone, regardless of surgery type, is abysmal. He peddles his own brand (his wife is the CEO of the vitamin company). And they are not what you need. Just read here, esp in the DS and Vitamin/Labs sections and you will learn how to live with a DS. We want you to be successful.

Also, need you to add your surgery date to the calendar: http://bariatricfacts.org/forums/calendar-events.34/

Hello Amanda welcome and congrats on your surgery date it will be here soon :).

Howdy and welcome! As other Boyce patients will tell you, the only thing you'll get right from them is your procedure. Do not believe their diet and supplement "expertise." (This is true of most surgical practices, but apparently his is worse than most.)

@southernlady Isn't he one that pushes his own "special" vitamins that are repackaged, overpriced crap? ETA: I should read further before I blabber. Nebbermind :p

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have heard a lot about Boyce and the bad vitamin/nutrition advice. I'm learning tons about eating protein and fat, and I have been looking through Vitalady's vitamin schedule. It is a little scary to not go by Dr.'s advice, but you guys are living it! I'm definitely listening to the vets.

Latest posts

Back