Hello

Rhonda

Hi Everyone! I'm Rhonda. I live in Memphis, Tn. I had my VSG done on July 8, 2014. I'm down 51 lbs. I am happy and nervous because I can eat anything! I don't eat anything, but the fact that I could, scares the heck out of me. Making healthy choices is tough sometime but I didn't go through all of that just to regain weight. I'm looking forward to some advice and encouragement. :)

Hi Rhonda! Glad you found your way here. I did not have a VSG but, there will be folks along soon who have to offer you advice.

Welcome!

Welcome @Rhonda ! I had the DS but my sister had the VSG and we both struggle with making good choices, but 51 pounds in 2.5 months is a lot of weight lost! Congrats on that!

Welcome @Rhonda ! I had the DS but my sister had the VSG and we both struggle with making good choices, but 51 pounds in 2.5 months is a lot of weight lost! Congrats on that!

Thank you! I feel like it's a lot too. This week I've only lost 1 lb. I think I'm starting to slow dow or hit my stall. I never hit the famous 3 weeks stall that eveyone else had. My goal is to lose 80lbs. So 29 lbs to go...

Thank you! I feel like it's a lot too. This week I've only lost 1 lb. I think I'm starting to slow dow or hit my stall. I never hit the famous 3 weeks stall that eveyone else had. My goal is to lose 80lbs. So 29 lbs to go...
Don't worry about only losing 1 pound in a week. if you only lost 1 pound in a month then maybe I would analyze what you're eating and see if it needs to be changed.

Hi Rhonda, nice to see you here

:welcome2:

feel free to start a new thread about any food/weight concerns - like what you mean by you can eat "anything" - but sounds like things are going well. or how your pants fell off of you....:p

Hi and welcome! You have lost two thirds of your excess weight in just 12 weeks. This is INCREDIBLE and is by no means slow. You have averaged more than 4 pounds per week. Of COURSE it will slow down. You are already well into the category of WLS SUCCESS.

Hi @Rhonda and welcome!
51 pounds in 2 months?!? Phenomenal success thus far. Congratulations!
I think I struggle with the same thing you mentioned in your op... I'm able to eat most anything. I had the RNY - but unlike some of my fellow RNYers - I very rarely dump - sweets or fatty foods don't bother me much... It's taught me to develop an appreciation for portion control, as well as making healthy eating choices.

Glad to see you online. Looking at your avatar ==> You look great! How are you feeling?
Again. Welcome!

J.

welcomeglamour.gif

Hi & welcome!
Don't fret about speed or just losing 1lb (or heck, even gaining a couple some week inexplicably while still on program- it happens!)
I never really had "the stall" but like many, I lost a pound or several, had weeks where I gained one or two.. best advice, stay on track (whatever that means for you personally) and DO NOT let your body fluctuations in weight trip you up from keeping on track. I stair-stepped my weight loss all the way down.. it's normal!

I too can eat anything, nothing has really bothered me, save for a few run-ins with OD'ing on sugar (at a yr + out from surgery, oh & poorly chewed raw veggies once).. Keep an eye on your behavior, and the effect it can have.. and make changes sooner than later if you see things heading the wrong way.. The VSG is a wonderful helping hand, but the further out you get the more you need to stand on the habits you put in place while you were healing! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back