Hello! New to this site but excited to have found this resource.

LittleRock

Hi. I’m am in the pre-op process and want to see if anyone knows anything about my doctor. I’m not sure how to go about doing that. Dr. Jayson Dock is a bariatric surgeon in the Minneapolis area. I’m probably going for a DS, which he does. Anyone know him?

Hi and welcome LittleRock ! I'm not familiar with Dr. Dock. Does he perform the full, traditional two anastomoses DS or the Loop-DS? All the best!

Hi and welcome LittleRock ! I'm not familiar with Dr. Dock. Does he perform the full, traditional two anastomoses DS or the Loop-DS? All the best!
Well clearly I haven’t done enough research because I didn’t know there were different types of DS surgery. That’s something I’ll have to inquire about. All I know is it is a sleeve plus the switch, if that tells you anything.

Welcome LittleRock
Well clearly I haven’t done enough research because I didn’t know there were different types of DS surgery. That’s something I’ll have to inquire about. All I know is it is a sleeve plus the switch, if that tells you anything.
Actually there is only one DS surgery. However, many surgeons are trying to sell the SADI/SIPS/LoopDS as a “better” option and a modification of the DS. Make sure you read everything here.

Welcome! Where does your doc practice? And with whom?

I know it seems like we jump right on you but you would be amazed how many people have been taken advantage of by surgeons selling look alike surgeries that do NOT work. A lot of very intelligent people have been duped!

Welcome! Where does your doc practice? And with whom?

I know it seems like we jump right on you but you would be amazed how many people have been taken advantage of by surgeons selling look alike surgeries that do NOT work. A lot of very intelligent people have been duped!

Dr. Jason Dock. He practices in Minneapolis and a suburb, Shakopee. He is affiliated with Allina Health, a medical corporation through which I see most of my other doctors. He has privileges with St. Francis and Abbott Northwestern hospitals. My primary care doctor, who is part of Allina suggested the Allina Baritric Program but didn’t push me that way. (In the past he has referred me mostly to Allina doctors but has also referred my to two doctors outside the Allina system. I trust my primary care doctor very much.) He does Roux-en-Y, gastric sleeve, duodenal switch, and gastric sleeve with possibility of doing the switch later if not losing enough weight. The only thing he doesn’t do is the band. How’s that for a REALLY long answer to your question? And I’m not at all concerned about people jumping on me. A friend who does psych evaluations for potential bariatric surgery patients referred me to this site for this exact reason.

Dr. Jason Dock. He practices in Minneapolis and a suburb, Shakopee. He is affiliated with Allina Health, a medical corporation through which I see most of my other doctors. He has privileges with St. Francis and Abbott Northwestern hospitals. My primary care doctor, who is part of Allina suggested the Allina Baritric Program but didn’t push me that way. (In the past he has referred me mostly to Allina doctors but has also referred my to two doctors outside the Allina system. I trust my primary care doctor very much.) He does Roux-en-Y, gastric sleeve, duodenal switch, and gastric sleeve with possibility of doing the switch later if not losing enough weight. The only thing he doesn’t do is the band. How’s that for a REALLY long answer to your question? And I’m not at all concerned about people jumping on me. A friend who does psych evaluations for potential bariatric surgery patients referred me to this site for this exact reason.
Ask him to draw you a diagram.
Find how how he measures the limb length, Hess or cookie cutter. If he answers Hess, it’s a true DS. Cookie cutter, ask how many anastomoses, two for a true DS.
And ask who proctored him to learn to do the DS.

Fair warning, many many surgeons are trying to pass off the one anastomosi (? Spelling) of the SADI/SIPS/LoopDS as a DS which is at best, unethical, and at worst, criminal.

There used to be Dr. Buchwald in MN, and there was another surgeon who worked with him whose name escapes me. I haven't seen anything about either of them for a long time. Dr. Ikramuddin, maybe??

I've never heard of Dr. Dock before. You need to be asking lots of questions and don't settle for any procedure that isn't what you want. Travel is a temporary inconvenience for an operation that must serve you for the rest of your life. And for myself, I would not accept any surgeon using the code for the DS and doing something other than a true DS.

Ask him to draw you a diagram.
Find how how he measures the limb length, Hess or cookie cutter. If he answers Hess, it’s a true DS. Cookie cutter, ask how many anastomoses, two for a true DS.
And ask who proctored him to learn to do the DS.

Fair warning, many many surgeons are trying to pass off the one anastomosi (? Spelling) of the SADI/SIPS/LoopDS as a DS which is at best, unethical, and at worst, criminal.
Thanks for this. I’ve been making a list of questions and will definitely add these to the list.

Latest posts

Back