Hello! I'm now ready to seriously consider a revision from RNY to DS.

On a more serious note... who has killed?
We know of one, Husted. Unfortunately he was not criminally charged, just civilly.

There are also those who have had a surgery they did not consent to have. And others who were given a criminally short common channel.

It’s why we are so adamant about using a vetted surgeon.

Re"Also, that's subjective because almost everyone thinks their surgeon is great if you listen to them tell it. I know people who think their WL surgeon was great and he's looking at jail time. Sooooo. "

So far as I'm concerned, if you can wake up and walk out of the hospital a few days later, with most of your parts, and no dripping tubes, the surgeon was great.

So he has to spend a few days at the pokey,so what, me, I'm going dancing

That's quite the similar cavalier attitude from the surgeons who maimed, killed or defrauded their patients. "Who cares?! I got mine. I'm going golfing."

Really now, do you think anyone would trust themselves to a jailed surgeon?

Lighten up (since it seems to be needed here's a hint: that's a double entendre)

RNY to DS is such a serious and complex operation it is difficult for me to see any humor in malpractice. I spent a month in the hospital critically ill with sepsis (among other things) and that was with one of the best surgeons available. I want people to choose their surgeons wisely and be aware that even with the best surgeons things can go wrong.

Really now, do you think anyone would trust themselves to a jailed surgeon?

Lighten up (since it seems to be needed here's a hint: that's a double entendre)

No. Your attempt at humor wasn't funny. Dr. Kim and his practice messed up a lot of people and I have a friend who didn't even know he's not practicing and facing prison time for fraud. She's also not doing so well with their surgery healthwise. But at least she has her legs. One guy wasn't so lucky. These people preyed on vulnerable people and that will never be funny.

Correct about not being that many. As to the best on that list, my vote would be Dr. K in CA. But any of that list would be a great choice.

Who is Dr. K.?
I live in Huntington Beach, CA and considering surgery RNY to a DS. TIA

I'm from a very stoic Scandinavian area and pretty good is downright flattery! I could be dying or amazingly spectacular and I'll say I'm pretty good! We downplay everything and we don't toot our own horns. Also, that's subjective because almost everyone thinks their surgeon is great if you listen to them tell it. I know people who think their WL surgeon was great and he's looking at jail time. Sooooo.

Dr. Ayoola is one of the best in this region because he has the most experience and that's not subjective and is quantifiable. People travel from all over to see him. If you want a DS you don't wake up with something else and excuses with him. I think he's the best choice for me and that's something you need to figure out for yourself because you have to live with your choices. Good luck!

Eta: You're seeking the RNY to DS and I'm not as knowledgeable as others are about it but I do know it's riskier. You want to choose someone who's experienced in it and that isn't oodles of people but it is Dr. Ayoola. There are more so you might one to check out the search option and see who else pops up.

Dr k did my revision rny to ds. He is amazing my surgery was over 6 hours because it took 3.5 hr to clean up the adhesions before he started the revision. Most dr i know would have cleaned adhesions and reschedule the revision.

Any of the dr on the vetted list are fantastic. Dr K And Dr. A.

Dr. Ayoola is one of the best in this region because he has the most experience and that's not subjective and is quantifiable. People travel from all over to see him. If you want a DS you don't wake up with something else and excuses with him. I think he's the best choice for me and that's something you need to figure out for yourself because you have to live with your choices.
Dr. A is a very skilled surgeon. The reason that Dr.K is usually a first choice is that he probably has the most experience with some of the most difficult revisions out there. That’s not to say others aren’t good but I do know of at least one fucked up SADI patient that Dr. A turned down and Dr. K was able to fix. BTW, she got the SADI under false pretenses. Her original surgeon told her he was gonna do a DS but her operative report showed he lied to her.

All the surgeons on the vetted list maintained here are there cause they do an excellent job.

Dr. A is a very skilled surgeon. The reason that Dr.K is usually a first choice is that he probably has the most experience with some of the most difficult revisions out there. That’s not to say others aren’t good but I do know of at least one fucked up SADI patient that Dr. A turned down and Dr. K was able to fix. BTW, she got the SADI under false pretenses. Her original surgeon told her he was gonna do a DS but her operative report showed he lied to her.

All the surgeons on the vetted list maintained here are there cause they do an excellent job.
Well I want to reiterate that the OP was questioning my calling Ayoola pretty good when she was asking for feedback about Dr. Ayoola and why we chose him. He is the best in this region which is DFW. But there's no doubt that Dr. K is the best especially with complicated cases.

Well I want to reiterate that the OP was questioning my calling Ayoola pretty good when she was asking for feedback about Dr. Ayoola and why we chose him. He is the best in this region which is DFW. But there's no doubt that Dr. K is the best especially with complicated cases.
I think the term "pretty good" was her issue. Not everyone uses it the same way. It's kinda like the phrase "bless your heart", it all depends on situation AND TONE used.

Dr. A is an excellent option. Hell, so is my surgeon, Dr. Boyce for the RNY to DS revision. The entire list stands out head and shoulder above most other surgeons. But if I had to rank the top, Dr. K and Dr. Rabkin would be in first and second place...with very little difference between them.

Hello chiming in here! I had my RNY to DS surgery done by Dr. Simper in Ut and Dr. McKinley assisted! I am just about 18 months out and am very happy with my lenghts 100/150 I have lost about 110 lbs and still losing. I traveled from AZ to UT for my surgery. To reiterate what everyone else has said "do your homework and choose the best dr for YOU"
Best of luck!!

Latest posts

Back