Hello from Washington

Kklamb

I’m Kim and had my DS in April of 2001. I started at 289 and have stayed pretty healthy until the last 2-3 years. I’m struggling right now and looking for a bit of support and possible research information that might help me in my journey. It’s hard to believe that I am a month away from being 20 years post-op! I’d like to make it another 25 or 30 years, but my recent health has me questioning my long-term plans and wondering if I’ll make it to a retirement age. I’m 49. Over the last year, I’ve lost 50 lbs unexplainably. My providers are clueless and I’ve been told a wide range of excuses now that make me really wonder who granted medical licenses to practice for some... So, I’ll explain more and watch for experiences in the forums as I have time, but thank you for welcoming me and I look forward to seeing your stories!!
Kim

Welcome. I hope you are able to figure out what’s happening. Has your weight loss surgeon been advised about your issues? I have found that certain doctors are not knowledgeable about wls related issues.

Hi, Kim and welcome

unexplained weight loss is scary and there might be tons of reasons. can you share more details?
I had a doctor convinced I had colon cancer due to my weight loss over a couple of years but it was "just" anxiety.
I hope you can find out what's going on.

Yes, unexplained/unexpected weight loss is scary. My hubby has lost over 10 lbs recently but we are also chasing a weird PSA result. He has another test very soon.

Latest posts

Back