Hello from south central Michigan.

Medic3720

Hi everyone, I am not much of a poster on forums, but wanted to say Hi, and Thanks for this forum. I am 8 days post-op from my traditional ds. Currently trying to stay hydrated, which is harder than I thought it would be. I started to become very dizzy on Monday, so I had my daughter start an iv on me and I gave myself 3 liters of Normal saline. ( I am a Paramedic ). Today, while in line at the grocery store I started with the dizziness again. So I am nursing myself with G2 right now. I have learned so much from this site, and now learning the new signals my body is giving me. So far I have only started taking a multi chewable vitamin for now after surgery, and a probiotic. But prior to surgery I was following the vita ladys list of vitamins. I cant believe how much better I was feeling prior to surgery with the vitamins. Now a just have to get my body to heal and reintroduce my vitamins to my new stomach.

Welcome Medic3720! Who was your surgeon? 8 days post DS surgery is still pretty early to try to go grocery shopping. Are you still on pain meds? Be sure to take it easy and don't overdo it.

Dr. Tallal Zeni did my surgery, he gave me the choice of the sleeve, sips or ds, and I chose the ds. As far a pain meds, I only use them to sleep. I am usually a side sleeper, but that is a no go since surgery. I surprised the rn that I didn't want any narcotics with the exception to sleep. As far a grocery shopping, i really had no choice, my wife was at the hospital with our foster son getting a surgery today, So i got to play dad today and cook dinner for the other children. On another note, I am walking my 1/4 mile drive way at least 2 times a day. so i didnt think walking thru the store was that much.

Hi and welcome Medic3720 ! Sounds like you are on top of hydration, which is key. Glad to hear you are doing well and would only suggest to remember to take it easy and not to lift anything heavy until you are fully healed. All the best!

Latest posts

Back